Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
is anyone successfully running this on their boosted g?? i have a draw thru setup right now, and am getting my piping redone in a few weeks. i have seriously been condsidering the blow thru setup, and just wanted to see the kind of issues you guys are having (or not). most of the guys on sr20forum are all for it, but i wanted to see your opinions. of course, i was going to hop on the hks ssqv bandwagon with this, but i probably will still get that bov if i end up recirculating it. i HATE my greddy. thanks! :banana:

(i do realize the thread below this is talking about the same thing, but it didn't really help me out much)

·
Prince of Joy
4,614 Posts
MAF's are designed to work at normal ambient air pressures. People claim their blow through setups work great, but really they are using a part in conditions for which it wasnt designed. Normally you would expect this to lead to poor density resolution, leading to poor fuel map determination, and consequently poor driveability/response. But people just call me a hater.

- Greg -

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
actually the denser air particles remove more heat from the sensor wire and that signals the ecu with the increased Maf signal, on the other hand the pressurized air is hotter already. I'd say with the right intercooler and the proper tuning this could work.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not much interest in this one eh? hehe. i am running the b14 jwt ecu, so i might give ben a call later today to see what he thinks about running the blow thru setup with their ecu

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
I would say if you have the availbilty to toon go with a speed denc sensor. thats what the 240 guys do.

i was gonna make a blow thru pipe strickly for my emissions. some how under their tests that they do i think i will get a more accurate a/f only in the test conditions were your at idol and hold car at 2k.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts