Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys as of yesterday my car started bogging whenever I accelarate from a stop also while in Drive but Idle the Idle jumps up and down between 600 and 1100 or so, after I get over maybe 30 everything seems fine its under 30 that is really bad, alomost got hit cause I couldnt clear an Intersection in time...

My Ideas are

Bad Fuel Pump
Bad Fuel Filter
Bad Gas (went from 89 to 91 with about 1/4 tank left of the 89 and it only started to do this when I got to about 1/4 of a tank) I heard mixing diffrent octanes can be BAD...

Please Help I need to go see Spider Man!!!!!:smoke:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Yeah i know what your talking about. It feels real wierd. I tried it in neutral and in park but it doesn't do it then only in drive. I have a feeling it just bad gas though. Would like to know what it is. It's really annoying.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Havent

Tune-Up dont know bought it used from a Chevy deralership my mom works at, but your on the right track..

Anyways I got it fixed...Want to hear it here it goes!

I went to Puuuurfect auto guys says

"whats this an 87?"
"Yeah Infiniti's are known for engine problems"

So I left there ASAP!!!!

Next I call Infiniti Dealer they say bring it in, I find out they charge like $110 an hour (Mechanic fee)

So I never went there!

Next I call Ted-Wiens Firestone

"$67 diagnostic fee NOT applied to the work"

So once again no go

I call Big G's auto repair (little shack joint) they say bring it on down tommorrow, so the next day I did...

Me: "Man my car is mis-firing bad"
Him: "Ah yeah you got OEM wires, bet its an arc in there"
Me: "Really thats it?, you dont need to hook it up to anything to see?
Him: "Sure if you want me to charge you an extra 60$"
Me: "Nah it's cool dood, can you put in new plugs too?"
Him: "Sure let me call Nissan or you want aftermarket stuff?"
Me: "Whichever gets me my car fixed asap"
Him: "Well plugs have to be platnium (shows me the 60,000 mile sticker in engine) as you see so will get you that stuff ordered"
Me: "How long will that take?"
Him: "Call me at 3pm"

I called car was done, new wires, new plugs, adjusted Timing

Total charge with parts and labor $208 car runs fine now...

Guy says "Man your moror is shot who sold you this junk?" I started getting pissed then he says "man just messing with you"

So there is my story, 2x I have had car problems in that past and both times I took it to the little shop on the corner type place and have been very satisfied...Dood had More Certifactes of Mechaniccly inclined stuff then I could count witch always help's...
:smoke:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm pretty sure the accessibility of dropping it from neutral to drive is based on this problem. My 96 feels the same problem as you, mostly when I have just started it. The car performs well when I have done this and I have heard of this before and the car having the same setup for trans.

Hope this helps:)

Jake

·
Registered
306 Posts
ICUDIE ....

Just goes to show, when you buy a used car, do EVERYTHING!! Tune-up, change all fluids, drill/fill PS fluid and brake fluid, etc.

Nice spelling, you must be a product of today's OUTCOME based education system. Sorry, but it is nothing to be proud of.:-\

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Disclaimer

I have a disclaimer in my sig just for p3ople like you, move along nothing too see here....:nervous:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Re: Disclaimer

Hahah...Fu*k Purrfect Auto!!! Their whole chain sucks! I've known people 3 different people with problems. Here, and in Las Vegas.

In vegas, my cousin had an oil change done on his '98 626. Somehow they spilled oil all over the exhaust and it was smoking arounnd the engine when we left. We've done the oil change ourselves tons of times and never had that problem.

When I went to Vegas 2 weeks ago, my right CV Axle boot busted and all the grease came out. The axle started clicking so I knew I had to replace the axle. I went to "In & Out Tire" on Decatur Rd. The guy was very knowledgeable and he changed the right side axle for $175 total which is a pretty good price. I reccomend them. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts