1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Oh man that's sexy! When's it going to be ready for it's maiden run?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Okay, now for the questions...

1) When is this going to be available to the general public?
2) How much is it going to be?
3) Will it come with everything needed (ie: JWT ECU, all plumbing, etc) or will some fabbing be needed?
4) What are the specs on the turbo?
5) What is the intercooler piping made of? Is that just painted aluminum or is it some sort of plastic composite?
6) What are the chances of this passing Washington state emissions requirements? (i'm guessing slim to none).

Inquiring minds want to know....

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Guys just to clear things up a bit. This 'kit' is made specifically for the Sentra SE-R (IC plumbing at least). All the usual G20 turboing problems apply. 99+ need ECU modifications, no IC piping available (need to get custom made).

Grant: HS and Louis are doing some testing still. Don't expect it soon though. This is a serious turbo setup and not for the faint of heart....or wallet for that matter. ;)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
As if I wasn't already, this confirms it:

I AM NOW TERRIFIED OF SENTRA SE-Rs.

lol, but I'm jealous too...

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Anything you do to the SE-R you can easily do to a G20. Just that the platform of choice seems to be the Sentra SE-R.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Probably only because it's lighter. I would think that the Sentra SE-R is the lightest of any chassis that can properly hold an SR20. I, however, happen to like our unnecessarily complicated suspension, something missing in the SE-R.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cue-Ball said:
Okay, now for the questions...

1) When is this going to be available to the general public?
2) How much is it going to be?
3) Will it come with everything needed (ie: JWT ECU, all plumbing, etc) or will some fabbing be needed?
4) What are the specs on the turbo?
5) What is the intercooler piping made of? Is that just painted aluminum or is it some sort of plastic composite?
6) What are the chances of this passing Washington state emissions requirements? (i'm guessing slim to none).

Inquiring minds want to know....

1. There is *A LOT* of testing that is needed before it is offered to the public. Don't expect it anytime soon!

2. I would say, expect to pay somewhere in the $4500.00-$5500.00 for something like this! 321 Stainless Steel is pretty expensive. Labor to hand build each manifold will be pricey also!

3. When the kit is released, it will not have the large intercooler, large T3/T04E that I am running or the Greddy Type "R" BOV. It may only include MSD 50 lb/hr injectors, Greddy Type "S" or HKS Standard BOV, Tial 35mm wastegate rather than the HKS Standard, and a smaller T3/T04E rather than the .82 A/R Stage V turbine T3/T04E. It will be a complete kit; piping, turbo, manifold, downpipe, etc.. will all be included.

4. T3/T04E
.82 A/R Extrude Honed Turbine Housing
Stage V Turbine

.60 A/R Compressor Housing
60 Trim Compressor

5. The piping is made out of mild steel due to cost. My piping is powder coated. I think HS will either paint them or have them powder coated like thier intakes!

6. The kit should pass as long as you have a catalytic converter and your state doesn't have a visual inspection.

I think what all of you need to realize is that this is *NOT* your average turbo kit! It was intended to build MASSIVE power! I would highly recommend looking for other alternatives if you are not looking to make 450-500 whp!

·
Registered
218 Posts
500whp... <drooling>

Too rich for my blood though. But that is a damn fine looking kit. Great work, man. I can't wait to see the final numbers when you get that thing completely tested and setup.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No problem! It shoudl be running by this weekend!

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
the links dont work now either but they did earlier and its too bad u dont see these pics --very interesting!!
i'll send bia email
casual

·
Registered
201 Posts
casual-can you send me those pics too. thanks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts