Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
before & after MAF boring
It's hard to tell but the hole is the same size just the mouth is bigger and the hole inside is polished
WAI pipe installed
The pipe and MAF made a huge difference. I feel alot more pull. and with the A/C on it doesn't lag as much. no problems I can see except maybe a speeding ticket in the future.
I would recomend both to every one.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I HAVE the stillen CAI. but it stops at the MAF. so I added the secondary.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
G20Turbo said:
Eric it looks dope!!!... I think i have another DIY that I can thank you for

So you added the pipe that goes from the MAF to the wheel well and the bored maf right? If so, that second pipe does account for a lot of the hp gain associated with a CAI. It also changes the sound of the intake quite a bit, to a much more aggressive tone =) It's be sweet to see some before and after dyno results on the "modded" MAF too!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
when are you gonna put the how-to on g20style.com?

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So you added the pipe that goes from the MAF to the wheel well and the bored maf right? If so, that second pipe does account for a lot of the hp gain associated with a CAI. It also changes the sound of the intake quite a bit, to a much more
actually I had that part already. (stillen) I made the part that goes from the MAF to the Throttle body.
After a few days of driving I definetly see a difference both in throttle response and in HP. I don't know of any dynos and to be honest I'm not that interested in how much HP my CAR has, I would probably be disapointed, BUT the BUTT dyno say it helped, maybe not a huge gain but enough to feel.
when are you gonna put the how-to on g20style.com?
I'm gonna try to now but definetly soon

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Ericdd said:

actually I had that part already. (stillen) I made the part that goes from the MAF to the Throttle body.
After a few days of driving I definetly see a difference both in throttle response and in HP. I don't know of any dynos and to be honest I'm not that interested in how much HP my CAR has, I would probably be disapointed, BUT the BUTT dyno say it helped, maybe not a huge gain but enough to feel.

The only reason I asked was because i know other mods that feel a lot faster (like a bigger TB) because they help throttle response a lot, but as far as hp gains they really don't gain any significant hp. I don't care about overall hp #'s, that's insignificant, I was just looking to see how much this mod actually helps, to make it easier for people to compare it to other mods. that's all

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am positive it has better throttle responce!!!!!!
HP I can only say it feels faster and it feels like it getts to the upper RPM's faster.
I would recomend it on throttle responces alone. that was my main intention in the first place.
I did a quick how to and it is up now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts