Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How should I install my Boston Acoustic Pro Series 6.4 in front of my G20t 94' ? I had it on my Honda Civic 88' before but I had to remove the factory grill and put the BA grill instead. Looks unclean. Also, I broke the thing that holds the window twice because of the massive magnet of the BA. Should I play around with Bondo, fiberglass, hardening stuff, and make a form to fit the BA? I'm scared to inhale those freakin' stuff, even though I would use a mask.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!!!

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'm guessing you already tried installing them in the stock location and it didn't fit? If so:

How off are they? The simple solution would be to install spaces (little templates out of wood that will extend the depth depending on the thickness of the wood).

You can always try making some kick panel pods out of fiberglass. It'll definitely improve stereo imaging and I'm sure you'll like the sound a lot better. Good luck!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx rmj ;)

Yeah I'm thinking of the kick panel. I'm just waiting 'till I get a good time to do it (really, when I ge to the zone and will to do it).
But, probably it's much easier to refabricate the door panel and put spacer as you said to try to fit the BA 6 1/2 speakers. Do you have the same speakers? If you do, could you please let me know how to do it so I don't have to guess and go to trial and error on doing it.

Thanks a bunch!
ron

·
Registered
664 Posts
What'd you wind up doing/making?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi rmjjensen :)
What I did was I made a template of the speaker spacer that I have from BA on top of MDF board with it. Cut a little bit of metal from the existing speaker opening, just enough to snug the magnet of that huge BA butt. Then, the result was sweet stealthy stock looking creation. No one would ever know that I have the 6 1/2's BA 6.4 Pro Series on that door. Well, the tweets gave it out and also the sounds ;) I would post the pictures but I'm not sure how to do it here. I could do it at Automotive Forum or better yet, I would make a simple web site just for the G20's folks to see how I did it. I took pictures intentionally to share it to others. I just don't know when I would have time to post them???

later..........

here are some pic's for now:

http://hometown.aol.com/ronnieg357/myhomepage/personal.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts