Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i purchased a place racing intake with down pipe. i installed the upperpart of the intake and made a place for the sensor in the end of the pop charger. my question is would it be worth the money to get a machine shop to grind down a smooth section in the intake and put the o2 sensor in there or just save my money and buy a hs intake later. just want some imput. thanks also i have a set of nology wires that if anyone wants to make an offer on i will sell. decent offers only plz.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
krylon's g20 said:
...would it be worth the money to get a machine shop to grind down a smooth section in the intake and put the o2 sensor in there or just save my money and buy a hs intake later
DO WHAT? :confused:

There is no O2 sensor in your intake.

The O2 sensor is on your exhaust manifold.

Please explain what you are trying to achieve.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Re: explained better

krylon's g20 said:
i meant the little sensor that came out of the air box. i thought this was the o2 sensor.

It's an air intake temp sensor. And I drilled out three holes on the bottom of my upper intake pipe to mount this sensor. One larger hole in the center with two small holes on each side for the bolts to bolt it in place. then use can use a thicker rubber gasket or goop to seal up around the edges. You don't need to put this in the intake, but I'd recommend it if you have the time/resources to do so. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Re: Re: explained better

NismoPC said:

That'd work great (and i'd recommend that install method) for a WAI, but for a CAI you'd want to go into the upper pipe (that way if you changed the filter location to right after the MAF) you wouldn't lose the sensor holes (like if it was on the lower pipe.) If that makes sense...? Maybe this will help.

WAI Setup

[TB]_upper_pipe___[MAF][_*}<- filter

CAI Setup

[TB]_ _upper_pipe__*_[MAF]__lower_pipe___[__} <- filter

*sensor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts