Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay , i have a p10, 1996... and i got the b+g springs , my ride looks pretty clean , but when im drivin my ride is soo bouncy . im still on the stock shocks. when im bouncin around i feel the car hitting on the bump stops , is that bad? will it fuck anything up ?
well , i been told to cut the bumpstops in half , but what does that do? will it still be as bouncy???? i know i will have to get new shocks , but in the meantime , what should i do.............. eh, any good info will greatly be appreciated .........yea thanks, daniel:evil:

·
Registered
235 Posts
peformance shocks would definitely help....but what did you expect anyways after lowering your car?!? regardless of what type of springs you get, you'll experience a lot more 'bounciness' than compared to the stock setup.

My suggestion before and after new shocks is to:
1. avoid all bumps, sewers, pot holes, etc. as much as possible
2. Go SLOWLY over any speed bumps or bumps in the roads.

Once you lower your car, you really can't drive it the way you did when it was stock....or atleast you shouldn't. There really isn't much you can do eitherwise.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
INTERVIEWAPIMP said:
im still on the stock shocks.
You just answered your own question. Your shocks are toast! You'll need new ones. Anything you do at this point other than getting upgraded shocks, say KYB AGX, will just be a waste of money.

A lowered car with a good set of higher rate shocks will not be 'bouncy'. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. There is a difference between bouncy and stiff.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Re: Re: bouncy azz ride .......b+gsprings

G_Rider said:
regardless of what type of springs you get, you'll experience a lot more 'bounciness' than compared to the stock setup.

Once you lower your car, you really can't drive it the way you did when it was stock....or atleast you shouldn't. There really isn't much you can do eitherwise.
Not true, I can drive my car exactly the same way I did when it was stock, except i can now take turns faster. With a good, quality set of springs and dampeners you shouldn't have any bounciness in your ride, it should feel more stiff, or more planted to the ground, but most definitely not bouncy.

G-Forces said:

A lowered car with a good set of higher rate shocks will not be 'bouncy'. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. There is a difference between bouncy and stiff.
Cut springs are bouncy, good aftermarket springs shouldn't be. There's a huge difference between the two.....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Justin's right, the ride should be stiffer once you lower your ride, not bouncy....

When I said "you can't drive your car the same as you did when it was stock", I think what I really meant was that driving your car over a bump on a lowered car isn't quite the same as compared to a stock suspension - you will feel the bumps a lot more with the lower, stiffer ride.

Take Jason's advice and get some good shocks.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
G_Rider said:
Justin's right, the ride should be stiffer once you lower your ride, not bouncy....
Amen

G_Rider said:
When I said "you can't drive your car the same as you did when it was stock", I think what I really meant was that driving your car over a bump on a lowered car isn't quite the same as compared to a stock suspension - you will feel the bumps a lot more with the lower, stiffer ride.

Take Jason's advice and get some good shocks.
You won't necessarily feel more bumps. It depends upon a number of factors and bottoming is a major one. If higher rate springs keep the suspension from bottoming it can actually ride better.

My car is pretty smooth, but I want to raise it a bit in the front (need longer springs) and some Koni bumpstops. Should be sweet then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts