Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I searched the forum and checked the alternater and then replaced it, Replaced the alt belt yesterday and made sure that was tight and had the battery checked and all of these are either new or recently replaced. All were tested and are good so I dont know whats going on but the brake light stays on when the car is started and the battery light is dim. When I rev the car near 3000RPM the bat light dims even more but the brake light stays on. I have tried and check everything on that was said so far on the forum but nothing has worked and just trting to make sure the car is good since its the middle of winter here in Iowa. Thanx

Damien

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
sounds like the alternator is no good still. i have had a newly remanufactured alternator be bad on me from the store so it could still be the problem

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Try earthing the engine block or better still the alternator bracket to the - terminal
Check every charging system terminal manually (Disconnect clean replace cover in a lil grease)

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
When the battery fuse blows (the 75A fuse in the engine bay), then both your battery and brake lights will be on. Check that fuse.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Koojo said:
When the battery fuse blows (the 75A fuse in the engine bay), then both your battery and brake lights will be on. Check that fuse.
I blew that fuse on my 95 (put a backwards battery in, boy am I happy that fuse exhists) anyway, it took out EVERYTHING IIRC, gauges, lights, and the ability for the battery to be charged... So it couldn't have turned on any lights far as I can tell...

·
Registered
973 Posts
ditto on the bad remanned alternator...mine was like in perfect shape externally it was so new when i took it out :(

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats the thing i had both alts tested outside the car and both were goood, we even put one in a b13 and it works right

·
Registered
973 Posts
dbamaboy01 said:
thats the thing i had both alts tested outside the car and both were goood, we even put one in a b13 and it works right
joy! bump for you then

·
Registered
973 Posts
super easy to get to, on the extreme driver's side...between the battery and fender...(at least on a lowport p10 it is) pull the cover and look for a 75 a fuse

1 - 16 of 16 Posts