Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20,983 Posts
There is a warning lamp when the fluid is low. At that point I would not drive the car without inspecting the brakes and depending on what you find, adding more fluid.

If the reservoir was full when the pads were new, then the fluid will drop low enough to trigger the lamp as the pistons move out. But if you keep topping off your fluids, or go to places that might do that for you, then that isn't going to turn on the lamps when the pads get low. Also if you have uneven wear, you might burn through a whole pad on just one side without dropping the fluid level enough.

So yes there is a warning lamp, but don't rely on it to tell you need new pads.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so I checked the brake fluid and it was barely below max I added more light stayed on I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it stayed on. Front pads are yellow and rear pads are green. Is the uneven wear the reason? Or is it something eletrical now? Nothing obstructing the ebrake either

·
Registered
20,983 Posts
It is under the handle. There is a little button with one wire going to it. Gets squished when the handle is down.

You can see it in this pic. Little tab sticks out and pushes down on the silver button thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.