Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time fellows :)

I have this strange issue with the Trusty 99G20 T.

Last week i noticed that when the car off, keys out - the brake lights stay on ?

I have been disconnecting the battery as not to run it down but not best solution.

Quick google search said on other cars there is a lever or something stuck on the actual brake pedal for Hondas ....

I don't want to pay $100 for some dud to flip a switch but I can't find it in our cars.

Help and I will buy you a Mojito or 3 when you come visit Miami Beach :teeth:

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
Check the brake light switch down by the pedal. Also check the wire loom in the trunk by the hinge. That usually causes the lights to not work but maybe you got a freak thing going on :).

Also isn't pulling a fuse easier then disconnecting the battery?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check the brake light switch down by the pedal. Also check the wire loom in the trunk by the hinge. That usually causes the lights to not work but maybe you got a freak thing going on :).

Also isn't pulling a fuse easier then disconnecting the battery?
Ok thanks but where is the brake light switch ? On the pedal or on the floor ?

I was trying to feel for something like a switch with no success. and yeah pulling the fuse would be easier at this point - is it marked brake light ?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
I think the fuse would be labeled stop light or stop lamp

Here is pic of the switch

·
Registered
262 Posts
mines did the same thing 2 days ago, its the stop light switch you can pick one up from an automotive store like auto zone for 6 dollars and its by the brake pedal you have to look up towards the dash an you should see it. you can actually get a screw and rig it if its the right size

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mines did the same thing 2 days ago, its the stop light switch you can pick one up from an automotive store like auto zone for 6 dollars and its by the brake pedal you have to look up towards the dash an you should see it. you can actually get a screw and rig it if its the right size
Thanks been driving me crazy - I could not find it this morning at all

Is it on the metal lever from the actual pedal ?

If you could snap a pic that would help out or a good drawing :)

I always had Domiken to help me with this stuff - I accidentally messed up my HID already messing around with the battery :dead:

·
Registered
262 Posts
its on the bracket that holds the lever to the pedal well at least it should be for u i have a p10 but i wouldnt see why its different ill try and get a pic of it later for u yeah you usually would never see it if u didnt have an idea where to begin unfortunately for me i had to learn the hard way, i had this happen to me 4 times (hondas) but they are pretty much all in the same place

·
Registered
262 Posts
the diagram RobJ80 has above is actually a great example of how everything looks show you can follow that and to help you when i usually change i stick my head by the pedel feet out of the car and look up towards all the wires behind the dash if you follow the lever you should beable to see the sensor and the harness that plugs into it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This happened to me tonight when I got out of work and car had zero power, got it jumpstarted and when I got to wal-mart for a battery I saw the brake lights were on after taking out the key. Glad I had you guys to pinpoint the problem. The switch was fine but the remains of the expired rubber stopper was on the floor. I rigged up a decent substitute with a nylon screw. I just hope I did'nt do much damage to the battery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This happened to me tonight when I got out of work and car had zero power, got it jumpstarted and when I got to wal-mart for a battery I saw the brake lights were on after taking out the key. Glad I had you guys to pinpoint the problem. The switch was fine but the remains of the expired rubber stopper was on the floor. I rigged up a decent substitute with a nylon screw. I just hope I did'nt do much damage to the battery.

Yeah, I noticed the rubber pieces on my floor mat for a while and didn't realize what it was until reading this thread and looking up in the dash...same like you I came out of a walmart and saw my lights on...sheeeshhh:/

·
Registered
44 Posts
Glad I had you guys to pinpoint the problem. The switch was fine but the remains of the expired rubber stopper was on the floor. I rigged up a decent substitute with a nylon screw. I just hope I did'nt do much damage to the battery.

My neighbor knocked on my door 11:30 last night to tell me my brake lights were on, car apparently broke while sitting still and I found the rubber bumper on the floor mat. I can hardly wait for the back pain it looks like repair will create. I can see where the bumper was but can't tell if that hole in the bracket's threaded or did you use a screw/nut combination or?. I'd like to have a plan before going thru the contortions it looks like it will require.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just an FYI: There's no Infiniti dealer where I live so I called the local Nissan dealer and fortunately they had a pretty sharp parts guy. He knew exactly what I was talking about and said they use a lot of them. The rubber part that sits in a hole in the brake pedal and turns the brake lights out is P/N 46584-5P010 and lists for a whopping $18.63.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts