Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i did a little searching, but as always id like to get the opinons from you guys directly.

my brakes seemed warped (anytime i brake i get a whole car vibration) i coast smooth as can be. its only when brake pressure is applied.. so im thinking.. brake upgrade!..but is it really needed? i mean i 'could' go out and shop for new rotors or should i just get the stock ones resurfaced? would that get rid of the warping? its a stock DE, with no real performance mods anytime in the close future, so stock stoping would be plenty alright for me. i just want to make sure im safe, and riding on warped rotors dont seem so good. (ps im also getting a sqwee sqwee sqwee sqwee faster as wheels turn faster.. im guessing brake indicator on pads is hitting the warp part?...

if i go aftermarket i was thinking brembo blanks and a nice set of pads. (cheapest possible combo without sacrificing quality!!)

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Werd brembo brakes a nice set of pads, and SS brake lines. Brakes lines are about $120 shipped from everythingg20. Oh and a couple bottles of Motul 5.1 :)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Bishous-G said:
ok, i did a little searching, but as always id like to get the opinons from you guys directly.

my brakes seemed warped (anytime i brake i get a whole car vibration) i coast smooth as can be. its only when brake pressure is applied.. so im thinking.. brake upgrade!..but is it really needed? i mean i 'could' go out and shop for new rotors or should i just get the stock ones resurfaced? would that get rid of the warping? its a stock DE, with no real performance mods anytime in the close future, so stock stoping would be plenty alright for me. i just want to make sure im safe, and riding on warped rotors dont seem so good. (ps im also getting a sqwee sqwee sqwee sqwee faster as wheels turn faster.. im guessing brake indicator on pads is hitting the warp part?...

if i go aftermarket i was thinking brembo blanks and a nice set of pads. (cheapest possible combo without sacrificing quality!!)

i have the same exact problems....i feel ur pain and annoyance lol...

·
Registered
242 Posts
i read that when your brakes start doing that to replace everything with brand new stuff, resufacing the old rotors then putting new pads on will solve the problem for awhile but it will happen again, also i heard that one reason brakes get "warped" is that the bolts aren't tightened correctly so getting a cheap torque wrench is a good idea while your at it (might as well do it right). Can't go wrong with brembo's

edit: may not be perfect but atleast it should be consistant enough tighten quite a few lug nuts http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=239

edit 2: this is a really good read from stoptech http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_warped_brakedisk.shtml#

1 - 7 of 7 Posts