Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
people who suck at driving piss me off. some nimrod stopped in the middle of the road right in front of me so i panic stoped and f***ed something up in my brakes pedal goes to floor and i can hear what sounds like air coming from under the hood very litle braking power and no fluid coming out anywhere.

·
Low is a Lifestyle
3,190 Posts
Maybe ruptered a brake line or messed up the master cyclinder !!!!
Try bleeding the brakes first , if not check the brakes lines for a fluid leaks and then have someone push on the brakes and look at where your break fluid goes to see if you notice it pumping fluid

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
im hoping its a ruptured line and not a caliper i just rebuilt the front ones. im not gonna be able to look at it till next week when i can get it into the school shop. the weather up here sucks. so i get to drive me moms exploder which is great for power braking i already ahd to buy her three sets of tires in about 3 days.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good idea. when this stupid weather lifts ill try that. thanks all

·
Registered
504 Posts
Could be something really simple like the vacuum hose popped off the power brake booster. It is a pretty big 1 inch OD black hose connected to the brake booster. Look just inside engine compartment directly in front of driver. The brake master cylinder is connected to the front of the brake booster and the hose should be nearby.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nah if the boster line came off the pedal would be stiff not go to the floor. but i did recently change my ps line which was connected to the boster line. hmm ill have to check it just incase b/c i did hear what sounded like air coming from under the hood.

·
Registered
504 Posts
yah I agree without vacuum the pedal would be harder to push. All your other symptoms excluding the sound of air from under the hood point to a hydraulic leak or if not, a bad master cylinder.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
god i just hope it was a line and nothing else i dont have the $$$ to go thru this if anything more than a line is messed up the cars up for sale.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks man thats awesome. you are now on my top ten favorite peoples list.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts