Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just as it says ......the dam last bolt toooooooooooooooo.....but at least i did my starter by myself along with the header......i felt like the man...then click..the damm bolt broke ....dam mofo.......general prices for extractions?????ne 1...ne 1...ne 1.....

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
bones said:
just as it says ......the dam last bolt toooooooooooooooo.....but at least i did my starter by myself along with the header......i felt like the man...then click..the damm bolt broke ....dam mofo.......general prices for extractions?????ne 1...ne 1...ne 1.....

bummer man...

I am in the same situation as you. but worse. I have 3 studs that need to be pulled. I went to Summit and ordered ARP grade 8 studs, 8 of them.

good luck, mine will be about $275-$415 for labor, plus I had to re-order new copper gaskets for the collector and the exhaust manifiold...

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dammmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i shouldnt complain about 1 stud.......this is the fustrtion of putting hard work in....how did u brake it....wasnt yours up and running........(i wish we could have sound bites of different exhaust set ups to help in that decision)ehh do u ever go to those lake partys where we see in those wild party girl videos...

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
my car still runs. I am not driving it as much as I would like until this gets fixed. I was told if I warm up the car first then it would be ok. I just don't want to ruin my Head.

I over torqued the nuts...

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
bones said:
on the last nut ........"yeah everthing went well then click"....
Mine didn't go click, it just got softer on the turn...

now it's going to cost me more... but I can't complain as the experience is worth way more than the expense in this situation. Plus my brag at this point is that the car only cost me $400...

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lucky

2gs .........here......and i felt i got ripped off.....oh well.......once bitten twice shy....

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Keep us posted on that Header Stud... I would like to know how you did in getting it fixed. If there is no exhaust leak, I would think that it was something not to worry about.

·
Registered
411 Posts
same thing happened to me about a year ago- never got it fixed, and it's not leaking there are a bunch of other posts about that bolt snapping. i think one of the lessons learned was to replace the studs closest to the edges because they snap the most frequently

·
Registered
588 Posts
bones said:
ehh do u ever go to those lake partys where we see in those wild party girl videos...
Man i cracked up when i saw this question!!! BUT answer his question that could benefit all our lives...

·
V3.0 VE-T
3,175 Posts
hamzter said:
bummer man...

I am in the same situation as you. but worse. I have 3 studs that need to be pulled. I went to Summit and ordered ARP grade 8 studs, 8 of them.

good luck, mine will be about $275-$415 for labor, plus I had to re-order new copper gaskets for the collector and the exhaust manifiold...
So 275-415 for what? To pull the 3 studs, and re-install all 8 ARP studs? Cause thats a pretty steep price tho. I say go buy a extractor kit and do it yourself. Its really not that bad. Also studs are easy as hell to remove if they are in 1 piece. Just 2 nuts on a stud will do the job~ ;) And if this get bad, make [email protected] do it. :smile:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
studs

Mautai916 said:
So 275-415 for what? To pull the 3 studs, and re-install all 8 ARP studs? Cause thats a pretty steep price tho. I say go buy a extractor kit and do it yourself. Its really not that bad. Also studs are easy as hell to remove if they are in 1 piece. Just 2 nuts on a stud will do the job~ ;) And if this get bad, make [email protected] do it. :smile:
i removed the header yesterday.....the bolt is at least a 1/4 inch in there(broke off).......a mechanic quoted 140.00 b4 tax......100.00 for header removal......40 for extraction..... is this good?.......yo the cat bolts are 1 with the cat,they refuse to budge.....so 140.00 for install and extraction doesn't sound bad at all....

·
Registered
711 Posts
I did that it to the last bolt...by the emissions crap...! I have a leak from somwhere, but i don't think its from the front! I was putting it on, and then i realized that i was turning awefully easy, and when removed the socket, the bolt came off with it! Oh well Shit happens! I don't plan on fixing it (not much room), till i rip the motor out and slap a det in there!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mautai big dawg

is it easy.....or is it a mofo of a hassel........regardless, the cat bolts are hard as hell to loosen by mere hand........im going to have to girl this 1 out fellas.......mechanic hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....and trust me im pretty handy.....but the cat bolts aint no joke......plus plus .....eh do u guys on the left coast go to of those lake partys......girls gone wild type hoedowns......i guess its like our sand bar/tiki bar.....

·
V3.0 VE-T
3,175 Posts
the extractor kit isn't bad at all. Just drilling a hole into the stud, and extracting it out. As for your cat bolts, did you try using a impact wrench on it along with some PB Blaster? If that won't work then your gonna hafta do what my friend did: bring it to a shop, drill out CAT studs, and install new bolts... It cost him $40/bolt

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cat bolts

to hell with it....its been pooooooooooooring down here.....mechanic hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...........plus im girling right now.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts