Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On our suspension we have the strut mount. When i was putting on my strut bar i broke one which pissed me off because it wasn't even tight so that doesn't make sense. maybe it was its time to go. But anyway, i was wondering if these are replaceable on the strut mount. I haven't had the time to replace it and god knows i don't want to have to buy a whole new one. Does anyone know a part # or know if these can be pounded out and replaced like a lug stud? Thanks, Blue93G20

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Are you talking about those 3 studs at the top of the shock/strut tower that hold the STB down in place? If those are the bolts you would most likely have to order a whole new top mount. I have spare ones at my parents house (where I'm at now) that I can check, but they are still all assembled so I can't get to the underside of the mount. But, from the way they look, you'll have to take the suspension apart anyway to get at the stud, it'll be easier to just replace the whole mount, they are not that expensive, iirc.

When are you getting your GC's? They come with a new machined upper mount.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the Ground Controls come with a new upper mount. i.e i won't need to replace that becuase i'll get them with my gc's? I should get them in a week or two. Yeah, those are the bolts i'm talking about, but can you confirm if i get new ones to replace all of them with the GC's.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Yes, the whole front mount is replaced, bolts and all.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SWEET, that saves me some pain. Thanks.:cool:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Blue93G20 said:
On our suspension we have the strut mount. When i was putting on my strut bar i broke one which pissed me off because it wasn't even tight so that doesn't make sense. maybe it was its time to go. But anyway, i was wondering if these are replaceable on the strut mount. I haven't had the time to replace it and god knows i don't want to have to buy a whole new one. Does anyone know a part # or know if these can be pounded out and replaced like a lug stud? Thanks, Blue93G20
LOL, I did the exact same thing while installing a bar just last week. Luckily the local wrecker sold me a complete strut for NZ$25 (US$11) which he thought was bent and I just swapped the top mounts over. You can whack those studs out but you'd need a press to do it without risking damage to the stud and mount. Use a torque wrench next time, IIRC - spec torque is only 37 lbf-ft. (which is not much).

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
hahah my stud came off too, on my p11. hopefully the top mount thing isnt expensive :-\

1 - 8 of 8 Posts