1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
btcc/ausie Stouring p11/p10 specs i found

NISSAN PRIMERA MARK 3 SUPER TOURING CAR

BUILT BY RAY MALLOCK ENGINEERING

YEAR OF MANUFACTURE: 1999; UPDATED TO THE FULL 2000 SPECIFICATION BY NISSAN MOTORSPORT EUROPE

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION

Category: FIA Super Touring Car.
Base Model: Nissan Primera Mark 3 GT - Chassis Number 56
Body style: 2000 specification 4 - door saloon. Steel body shell with computer - optimised welded roll cage for torsion rigidity and driver safety. 60 litre under floor safety fuel tank. New 2000 aerodynamic front splitter and rear wing.
Engine: Nissan SR20DE unit modified for racing. 1998cc, 16 valve, dual overhead camshaft, 4 - cylinder unit, transverse mounted. Aluminium block and head, forged pistons and lightweight con-rods. Dry sump lubrication. Rev limit 8,500 rpm (as per BTCC / ETCC regulations)
Max Power: 320+ BHP at 8,300 rpm.
Max Torque: 27 + kg / m (200+ Ib / ft)
Transmission: Front wheel drive with Nissan / X -trac 6 speed sequential gearbox. Straight cut, non-synchromesh gears with choice of ratios.
Clutch: 3 - plate 5.5-diameter carbon clutch
Cooling: Engine water radiator - front mounted with side - exit ducting, Engine oil radiator.
Suspension: Front: Nissan multi-link wishbones and tubular steel anti-roll bar.
Rear: Beam Axle with tubular steel anti-roll bar.
Steering: Nissan / TRW high ratio rack and pinion. HPI power assistance - 1.25 turns lock - to lock.
Wheels and tyres: Racing 19’’ diameter, 8.2 wide wheels with Michelin racing tyres.
Brakes: Hydraulically assisted dual circuit system. Front: Vented 378mm diameter discs. Rear: Solid 280mm diameter disks.

HISTORY:
1999 BTCC: Driven by Championship Winner, Laurent Aiello.
Best Qualifying: Pole Position
Championship: Winner
2000 BTCC: Driven by Colin Blair and David Leslie
Championship: Second in Independents Cup
2000 STCC: Driven by David Leslie
Championship: Competed in only one round
2001 ETCC: Driven by Sandro Sardelli
Championship: Fifth in Championship (beaten only by works’ teams of Alfa Romeo and Honda); Winner of Michelin Trophy for Amateur Drivers

Preparation: Pro Motorsport

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
WOW

·
Registered
863 Posts
Others things I know from Nissan in the BTCC:
1999 Manufacturers Champions
1999 Independant Champion : Matt Neal
1998 Manufacturers Champion
1998 Independant Champion : Matt Neal

I think they retired from the series, because they got bored of wining.:p

Was a great series, thanks good I have all the 97, 98, 99 races in Videos. :confused: :lol:

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Max Power: 320+ BHP at 8,300 rpm.

How can we get info about BTCC Primera´s engine setup, cause 320+ bhp sounds quite nice..

How??
How?

I think u guys should start a new thread with this ...

or maybe Americo or someone can talk to the UK buddies...

·
Registered
863 Posts
Re: Max Power: 320+ BHP at 8,300 rpm.

primera p11 said:
How can we get info about BTCC Primera´s engine setup, cause 320+ bhp sounds quite nice..

How??
How?

I think u guys should start a new thread with this ...

or maybe Americo or someone can talk to the UK buddies...
Welcome to the forums Carlos.

320+bhp on a normal aspirated will be cool,eh? And imagine revving up to 8,500!!!!!

Guessing on the configuration: take the VE (180-190 hp), add very hot cams, headers, intake, injectors, etc. and you will be pushing a lot. But then remember, that is a racing developed engine. The only problem will be life on that engine, only a few hours.

I think in the Rev-Up mag. are the specifications, I will check and tell you later.

:rambo:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Having watched the 99 BTCC series, I would say that the Primera won it mainly on superior handling, I don't remember it having any more power on the straights than any of the other works cars.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i wouldnt mind getting my hands on a couple of those videos of the 99 btcc, i want to watch the primera kick some ass

·
Registered
880 Posts
well if you want to buy a video go here.

as for how they got that much power, the trick was that they had a custom made intake and exhaust manifolds made and then flipped the head of the engine. The intake would start right behind the grill. They also tilted the engine forward about 10-15*. This way the flow of the air would be almost a straight line from intake to exhaust tip. Then of course the did the normal engine stuff: polish/port, cams, lightweight connecting rods, upgraded valvetrain and valves, and an engine balance. After all that, you get one kick ass 300hp engine.

I personally still have some questions about how they got the engine to work with the head flipped as the timing chain and belts wouldn't work. The only way I see it working is by just flipping the whole engine around. One other thing to mention, they don't have alternators in those cars. they run straight from the battery.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Another thing, what about transmition and drivetrain...that would be also interesting to know.

Need that info.

·
Registered
863 Posts
cas8_1999 said:
NISSAN PRIMERA MARK 3 SUPER TOURING CAR
Transmission: Front wheel drive with Nissan / X -trac 6 speed sequential gearbox. Straight cut, non-synchromesh gears with choice of ratios.
Clutch: 3 - plate 5.5-diameter carbon clutch

primera p11 said:
Another thing, what about transmition and drivetrain...that would be also interesting to know.

Need that info.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
custom made intake and exhaust manifolds made and then flipped the head of the engine

Don´t get the wrong impression.

I know how to get he must power of a engine and i know how they race, but since they where SR20DE engines, i´d love to know for example: The differential (who made it), the custom intake and exhaust (so we can make replicas for drag/street use), wich flywheel they´d use, gas pump, MSD ?, sparks, injectors, engine setup...e, ...e, ...e, so WE SR20DE´s CAN START KICKING SOME A** ON THE STREET.

Only imagine: Mark 3 differential & flywheel. Would that blow my engine? or maybe some Mark 3 replica intake & exhaust. And a extra 12HP by air....e, ...e, ...e.

Get that info.

·
Registered
49 Posts
if you guys want to see a pic of the full race engine check out this http://www.todaracing.com/engines.html you can see a pic of the toda racing sr20 that pumps out 290 n/a

almost as powerful as the primera sr20

·
Registered
880 Posts
so I guess some one needs to make a "business trip" to japan buy one and then ship it over here. I would love to see one of those engines in both a p10 and a p11. Project car anyone?

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
australia super touring p10 specs

Car Specification

Nissan Primera

Engine: Transverse 4-Oinder in-line DOHC, 16-valves, alloy block, alloy head, capacity 1998cc

Transmission: Front-drive transverse sequential-shift gearbox, 6-speed plus reverse

Suspension: Front: Front: Multi-link, coilsprings, gas-filled dampers, anti-roll bar.
Rear: MacPherson struts, coilsprings, anti-roll bar

Brakes: Front: Ventilated discs, 6-piston calipers
Rear: 2 piston calipers

Wheels: 8 x 18 inches

Body: Nissan Primera GT, 4-door.
Length: 4400mm.
Width: 1700mm.
Height: 1395mm.
Wheelbase: 2550mm.
Weight: 975kg

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Helen Meadows. Press Officer,
Cranfield University,
Cranfield
Bedfordshire.
MK43 0AL.
Tel: +44 (0) 1234 754999. Fax: +44 (0) 1234 752259.
Email: [email protected]

Issue Date: Thursday, July 13, 2000
Release Date: Thursday, July 13, 2000

CRANFIELD RECEIVES REPLICA TOURING CAR

Nissan has provided Cranfield University with a replica of its 1999 British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) winning Primera for the University's new MSc course in Motorsport Engineering and Management.

The Master's programme, which has been developed in conjunction with leading figures from international motorsport, will hone the skills and expertise of tomorrow's engineers. Support from leading manufacturers such as Nissan is vital to the successful development of the course.

Ian Milburn, CBE, and Gareth Burnett of Nissan's European Technology Centre and Alec Poole, General Manager Nissan Motorsports Europe are all firm supporters of the newly-established course and have made it possible for the Cranfield to have the car.

The university has been involved with motorsport research for many years and has developed close links within the industry. The culmination of this being a steering committee chaired by Jackie Stewart OBE and containing many leading figures from the world of motorsport.

The BTCC replica is housed in the university's composites research laboratory. Other facilities at Cranfield include the wind tunnels, power train laboratories, suspension analysis rigs and the Cranfield Impact Centre where many F1 cars undergo crash testing. Students on the course will have access to these facilities and will participate in a 2 day workshop on motorsport welding to be delivered by Lincoln Electric who run trackside welding for NASCAR events and the 24 hours of Daytona.

For more information on Motorsport Engineering and Management at Cranfield University visit www.motorsport.cranfield.ac.uk or email [email protected]

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Nissan has provided Cranfield University with a replica of its 1999 British Touring C

I´d love to make some research there.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I might go back and do another course. I already got a B.Eng (Hons) in Aerospace Engineering (yes, I do want to develop my own bodywork) so I should be able to get on the course.

All I need is a lottery win to be able to afford to go on the course.........

Any donations??

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i wish i could just go there or i wish someone online could go there if they live by there and take some cool digital pics thats not asking too much is it
:-\

1 - 20 of 28 Posts