Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Depends on what bypass you use. I have a Flashlogic FLCAN bypass on my 2000. Doesn't require you to give up a key. But needs to be flashed and programmed.

But yes, you would need to give up a key to put in the box. If you are using something like a 556U.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Are parking lights required to be hooked up? As far as remote starting is concerned, no... But having them hooked up will give you a visual that the car is running.

Check the bundle of wires on the drivers side running to the rear of the car. It's in there... Just be sure to verify the wire with a multimeter, before you make your connection.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Bulldog isn't the most reliable brand... Be careful.

Check out www.the12volt.com for wiring info. You can find most of what you need right at the ignition harness and SECU.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm using their's (791) 12v constant, Ground, and bypass then the loop around the ignition
Is the bypass activating before ignition power? It should be... Commonly a ground while running or a status output is used to trigger the bypass.

Did you use yellow/black off the brain and connect it to the blue wire on the 791?

Another reason why I would never use Bulldog units, they are very limited. I prefer DEI product.

Also what did you do for the car's 2nd starter? I know for a fact the P11 has a 2nd starter wire and I can see the RS90 has only one starter output...

How exactly is the bypass ring positioned on the key cylinder? How is the key positioned in the 791?

Pics would be nice :)

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Yea if it's not positioned right by the key cylinder it won't work...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.