Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quick question. What exactly is a bumper cover? I have a 2001 g20t, and my bumper is loose on the sides (about 0.5 inch space b/w bumper and headlights). Its also cracked on the bottom corner. Can I remove the bumper and replace it with a bumper cover? If not, how much would it cost to replace the front bumper?...thanks for reading

·
Automotive Design Concept
3,522 Posts
the bumper itself is a metal pice that is attached to the frame of the car, the bumper cover is the pice that is made of plastic or fiberglass on the out side, it it what you usally see on the front of the car. (the cover makes it look nice!!)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok...so what I thought was a bumper, is really a bumper cover....thanks for the clarification....can a novice replace the bumper cover (assuming I can get it painted) or should I go to a body shop?...any idea how much it will cost and how long i'll be without a car?

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Is the bumper cover damaged or just in need of a repaint? If it just needs a repaint talk to your local Infiniti dealer, they have services that come and paint bumpers onsite without removing them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts