Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my Tein's and I didnt cut the bumpstops...is this bad or will it damage my suspension?

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Nothing wrong with that. It's highly recommended that you do but won't hurt anything if you don't.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
whats the difference nobody can eversay what the difference is only that you should but if you don't it doesn't matter. I'm doing my springs saturday and i don't know why I should or shouldn't cut them. if it doesn't matter then isn't better to just leave them alone.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
I think you misunderstand me. You should do them, but if you don't it's not going to hurt anything. Just like wiping your ass. :)

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
if it not going to hurt any thing then why should i do it that's what I don't understand what is the benifit

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ericdd said:
if it not going to hurt any thing then why should i do it that's what I don't understand what is the benifit
I think the reason for cutting the bump stops is to reduce the chances of the suspension bottoming.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Morbert is sort of right. The bump stops are there to stop your shocks from crashing and blowing out. When you lower your car you create less suspension travel. The G20 doesn't have much to begin with. When your suspension crashes on a bumpstop it's very harsh and there is a chance you could lose control if it's severe enough. Not to mention handeling at the limit or close to it is greatly redused if you start riding on the bumpstops. Terminal understeer, launching, stuff like that.

By cutting the bumpstops you'll increase your travel and you will still have the protection of the bumpstops. When I did this on my TEIN's the before and after handeling was day and night. That is why it's highly recommended. However like I said not doing it isn't going to hurt anything.

Here's a pic of my modified bumpstops...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now that you say that i want to cut my bumpstops but it took forever for me to install everything. I dont know if I want to go through all that again.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
2001G20 said:
Now that you say that i want to cut my bumpstops but it took forever for me to install everything. I dont know if I want to go through all that again.
Well it's probably not as bad as I make it out. Drive around with it for a while and if you find weird things happening then cut them later. It might not be so bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts