Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
you need to remove the shock assembly and take it apart. It's attached to a dust boot and looks like stacked doughnuts. ;)

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
what do bumpstops do? I have heard alot about them. There must be reason that they are on the car. What would be the advantage of removing them?

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Noone said to remove them! They keep the shock rod from smashing through the bottom of housing if you hit a really big bump.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
GTA_G20 said:
what do bumpstops do? I have heard alot about them. There must be reason that they are on the car. What would be the advantage of removing them?
As Jason said, do not remove them. If you have a lowered car you will want to replace them though with Koni bumpstops. They ain't cheap though.

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
sorry just heard about people cutting them off.
I never knew why people would do that or what purpose they served.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
GTA_G20 said:
sorry just heard about people cutting them off.
I never knew why people would do that or what purpose they served.
Nope not cutting them off just shortening them a bit.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont have any bumpstops

i didnt put any on becuase there wasnt one on my factory front shocks so i dont have them in front or rear i guess thats why my car is tukn tire in the front i didnt see any on the front shocks

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Re: i dont have any bumpstops

newg20 said:
i didnt put any on becuase there wasnt one on my factory front shocks so i dont have them in front or rear i guess thats why my car is tukn tire in the front i didnt see any on the front shocks
Um... your bumpstops shouldn't affect the ride height at all. They are located on the shock/strut shaft between the top mount and the body of the shock/strut.
The main part that affects the ride height is your springs. The shocks/struts can affect it slightly, but not as far as slamming the car, that really could only be achieved with lowering springs (or really monkeyed up stock springs).

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it is just bottoming out

on the passenger side the most other than that it rides ok

·
Registered
807 Posts
So these will work on are cars, plus would these work with ground controls. Would you recommend them? There expensive as shit $80 for all four damn.....

b-b00gie said:
I would agree to replace them with Koni bumpstops. You can find them at http://www.motivational.net

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Blue93G20 said:
So these will work on are cars, plus would these work with ground controls. Would you recommend them? There expensive as shit $80 for all four damn.....

Yes and yes.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
AznVirus said:
how much should be cut off if lowered by 1.6 inches, on a P10 that is? not more than 1 inch right?
This much:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts