Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard some serious ticking coming from the valve cover so I took it off and took a look Ihad a busted rocker arm, so I replaced it and put everything back together minus the VC and started er up, still ticking pretty bad. Could this be the valve spring retainers gone bad? I heard when they go bad they could tick pretty loudly. Any help would be great, thanks

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
you might also have trapped air in there, our engines are notorious for making valve/rocker ticking if air is trapped there

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
download the FSM they tell you how to do it there... I think it involves, taking the valve assembly off and immersing it in oil... although you might have a roller rocker engine, which then I wouldn't know if the procedure would be the same..

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
wouldn't know for a 2002, I got one for a 94... I'll try to find it and post up te links... try to have tit by later today

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Guess you know what Im thinking of.....//\\

dang it never mind I was reading the FSM and then I saw that the oil immersion is for the valve guide replacement. ... I remember seeing something on here about trapped air making that noise numerous times... Just waif for p10det to give you a hand, he's a nissan Tech.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok update, the ticking is gone it turned out to be something simple the "shims" with the grove that the rocker arm sits on top of, wasnt there I found it in the engine. BUT the problem now is the idle is all sorts of F'ed up, I marked where the distributor was and all, and while I was at it I changed the distributor rotor as well, but I dont see why this would F it up like so, It revs to about 2-3K and then back down to like 800-900 and sort of hisses, any ideas?

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Could always set the timing :bandit:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts