Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the subject says I'm buying a P11. Definately a 5spd with VLSD.
What are some issues/known problems I should watch out for?
I'm sure there aren't many but I'd appreciate any info you guys have to offer.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also,
What is the preferred model of the P11 to users here?
The Sport or the Touring?
I want 5spd with VLSD and I know they both come with that. So what are the differences?
 

·
JDMike!!!
Joined
·
5,663 Posts
shock211 said:
Also,
What is the preferred model of the P11 to users here?
The Sport or the Touring?
I want 5spd with VLSD and I know they both come with that. So what are the differences?

just appearance.

headlights,grill, seats, door panals and the odometer...thats all i can think of as of now...ooo yea...16in rims
 

·
Used to own a P10
Joined
·
5,396 Posts
The t was 99-01 and the Sport was 02. The Sport is basically just a nicer t -- even the seats are the same with different coverings.
 

·
drunken master
Joined
·
10,098 Posts
they are good cars go get you one. I would say i have seen more maf failures than anything in theese cars. nut hey on the starter i have a 94 p10 starter is 13 years old and has never been replaced so that is a give or take. but starters in cars in general will go. i say get the car and gett all the tune up items done and take a real good look over it and see what is worn and replace it. get it to brand new shape and just maintian it. the car will treat you as good as you treat it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
763 Posts
Like my 00' t - no real issues yet at 128,500, but the starter thing is true. The manual is the way to go, as they don't rev as well if you don't go manual. Have had the LSD lock up on me once or twice on ice or coming around a decreasing radius. Nice to be safe. Always glad it's there. That and the abs. The revving and the extra torque in the rain from the car hitting its stride about 4200 rpm. Plus it's fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the input people. You're a helpful group!
It's too bad the two tone w/suede only came in the 02 sport models. I really love that interior but I probably won't be able to afford an 02' P11.

slimlou,
I pm'd you. I wouldn't mind hookin' up to check out your ride. Don't know when I'll find the time but we'll talk I'm sure. Thanks.
 

·
G20 OG
Joined
·
6,684 Posts
the 02 isnt all that worth the extra price... only thing really good about ti is the trunk pop and the seats.. teh seats you can get from someone as the motor isnt all that great for boost if thats what you plan on doing and the rims you will more than likely upgrade to something else..

as for the starters the are just fine, and if they do go bad its fairly easy to replace.
Just get one that doesnt have any rusting and hasnt been in any accidents, reproted or unreported, the year really doesnt matter all that much but you migh want to get as new as possible and definately get a t model
 

·
JDMike!!!
Joined
·
5,663 Posts
tealturboser said:
the 02 isnt all that worth the extra price... only thing really good about ti is the trunk pop and the seats.. teh seats you can get from someone as the motor isnt all that great for boost if thats what you plan on doing and the rims you will more than likely upgrade to something else..

the year really doesnt matter all that much but you migh want to get as new as possible and definately get a t model
+1

I have the Trunk pop...and i am 00...

yea rust is a *itch....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
763 Posts
I'm not sure I can recommend the base G on its own merits; there are just so many good cars out there for cheaper that are as good, though they don't have things like serious fuel pumps, ecu regulated injector firing, bigger alternators or any of the other non-specified bits that make the Infiniti models different from the Nissans. The manual t really is a step up.

Let the flame wars begin...
 

·
G20 OG
Joined
·
6,684 Posts
biomimetic said:
I'm not sure I can recommend the base G on its own merits; there are just so many good cars out there for cheaper that are as good, though they don't have things like serious fuel pumps, ecu regulated injector firing, bigger alternators or any of the other non-specified bits that make the Infiniti models different from the Nissans. The manual t really is a step up.

Let the flame wars begin...
who would flame, im sure everyone agrees that the t is better than the base models
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
763 Posts
Was it actually vlsd - I had thought it was only lsd?

About the flaming, my point that maybe there are as good, if not maybe as high quality rides out there - a little Subaru, a Civic, a Sentra. Cars that have something going for them besides parts that feel "better" when you are holding onto them - you can tell they are actually higher quality. AWD, better gas mileage with 1.8 Sentra, or whatever. Little things from leather wrapped steering wheel to the heft of a starter; the quality bits about the Infiniti - the P11's not exactly a rebadge despite some press to that effect - are what make it special to me. It might be what would swing me to spend another grand or two on it, or just the looks even it wasn't a manual touring. But technically, you could get off without lightening the wallet quite so mch.
 

·
Used to own a P10
Joined
·
5,396 Posts
The manual G20 and the manual G20t are not that different -- the only differences are some aesthetic stuff and the VLSD. Either way you are getting a sweet-handling car. Underpowered, yes, but still very fun to drive.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top