Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

Buzzing HVAC system

770 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  mediumred91lx 
#1 ·
Yeah I know this is a G20 maintenance forum, but I figure HVAC is HVAC no matter what the car.

Anyway, when I turn on my I30's HVAC system it will occasionally make a buzzing noise from the passenger's side not unlike a weed-whacker (only not nearly that loud) that will go away after about 30 seconds and not reappear until the car sits for a while before being driven again. It only appeared after I had the car washed, so I'm wondering if some leaves or something got blown into the HVAC system. Or is my blower motor failing?

#4 ·
4dollarg20 said:
sounds like a shorting blower motor
If it was shorting though I'd expect more of an electrical sound and a loss of functionality. This sounds more like something is loose or rattling around and it blows air just as hard as ever....I found a TSB on HVAC noise for the I30 which I'm going to call the local dealer about this week and see what I can find out.

Worst case scenario a replacement blower motor has an MSRP of about $10.

#7 ·
mediumred91lx said:
Its the blower motor telling you its about to give up the ghost, i'm a tech at an infiniti dealership and we deal with these in i30/i35s and the qx4s alot.
Thanks for the info. Is it an expensive job in terms of labor? I know the part is only about $10 (or $8 according to everythinginfiniti.com).

#8 ·
The blower motor assy is that cheap? Hope thats the right part, I'd like to see a blow-up picture, becuase thats supercheap, then again theres not much to one. I think we charge like 1/2 hour or an hour (our shop rate is about $95hr) so no its not expensive, but something as easy to do as that i'd just do it myself, i sent you a how-to mail, if you have any questions, just shoot them this way. And FYI the I35 grille and the sport/touring wheels (the five spokes)look great on those later I30 cars, I'd love to trade up from my g20 to a blue I30 w/ black interior, they're sexy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.