Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
also to add to this,

i talked with ChaseBays today, they are going to make a new special line for the p10's that is a inch longer & has a 45* end on it,,,so that if you install it on your p10 or a JDM motor with PS (same pumps as Covert had a issue with) you will no longer have that issue

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
seems you had several leaks already with the new setup. I hope the last washer used will hold up well because this is nice and clean and a way higher quality part then OEM.

I hate the fact you can't incorporate the idle sensor some how. Not that the dip is a huge deal but I know when I had a dipping idle it frustrated the hell out of me. But I guess really this doesn't affect too much since only when steering at idle. You try turning with the AC on full blast to see if it stalls out? Or any other function of the car that also affects idle.

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
^^ Rob im working on a solution.

similar to the Nisport oil adapter. But would allow you to us a dist. block of sorts & screw in the lines & the pressure sensor.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How does steering feel in comparison to the old set up?
Steering feels stock, can't complain at all. The only complaint I have is, I hear the PS pump when turning the wheels at idle. I think it might be my old PS pump though.

seems you had several leaks already with the new setup. I hope the last washer used will hold up well because this is nice and clean and a way higher quality part then OEM.

I hate the fact you can't incorporate the idle sensor some how. Not that the dip is a huge deal but I know when I had a dipping idle it frustrated the hell out of me. But I guess really this doesn't affect too much since only when steering at idle. You try turning with the AC on full blast to see if it stalls out? Or any other function of the car that also affects idle.
Now this kit is for S14's, but I do think Nissan uses the same fittings for most of their cars in those years. Now the leaks prior to the new setup was because the PS line ripped and sprayed EVERYWHERE. I should say I also have figured out why it ripped after my steering column went out too and I had to rebuild it. DO NOT USE POWER STEERING FLUID IN THESE CARS! Only use ATF or Genuine Nissan fluid, but even B15's call for ATF only!

I honestly have not even noticed that sensor not being connected. AC works no problem, I've been Turbo VE, NA VE, NA RR, Turbo RR, all works fine and dandy. The only issue I have with this setup is the PS pump whines more, which could be the actual PS pump since it's from a JDM motor that stayed dry for couple years probably. Or it could be because SS line doesn't sound deaden.

^^ Rob im working on a solution.

similar to the Nisport oil adapter. But would allow you to us a dist. block of sorts & screw in the lines & the pressure sensor.
Even though I don't have any issues without the sensor, I would be interested in trying this out actually... in the Name of Science of course ;).

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Now this kit is for S14's, but I do think Nissan uses the same fittings for most of their cars in those years. Now the leaks prior to the new setup was because the PS line ripped and sprayed EVERYWHERE. I should say I also have figured out why it ripped after my steering column went out too and I had to rebuild it. DO NOT USE POWER STEERING FLUID IN THESE CARS! Only use ATF or Genuine Nissan fluid, but even B15's call for ATF only!

I honestly have not even noticed that sensor not being connected. AC works no problem, I've been Turbo VE, NA VE, NA RR, Turbo RR, all works fine and dandy. The only issue I have with this setup is the PS pump whines more, which could be the actual PS pump since it's from a JDM motor that stayed dry for couple years probably. Or it could be because SS line doesn't sound deaden.
Maybe the sound deadening of the stock line or the original line since rubber had a little give so the pressure isn't as great in the rubber line as opposed to the tougher SS line.

Your comment about PS fluid strikes me as odd as the 00-02 manual I believe states it should be used. It's the only those years I think actually states this. Unless I'm reading it wrong. I myself always used ATF. In the 92, 99 and 02 that I drove. The 99 manual definitely states Dexron III or equivalent.

Typo maybe? Anyone with an 00-02 and a failed line should bitch to infiniti! Maybe get free line LOL.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It says "Genuine Nissan PSF II or equivalent", so they got their butt's covered because autoparts store stuff is not "equivalent or genuine". I believe American car PS fluid is more corrosive. Heck I wish it was just the PS pump/line that failed for me, the freaking steering rack is a royal pain to fish out, and rebuild! I should post a how to on that one btw...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts