Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I know this information is on this site somewhere already, but i have been looking around and im still feeling as uneducated as before i started.

I have a 2001 g20t, which is completely stock at this point.

I have plans to do some work on the car this summer when im out of school and have some time/ money.

I would like to install a CAI, which i think im going to go with a Hotshot system. So my first questions are: 1) is the hotshot a good idea, 2) what model do i need, and 3) where is the best source to buy the CAI from?

I would also like to do some work to the exhaust system, but i am completely clueless here. I would like a system that improves my performance, but isn't loud. I want just a kinda nice, reassuring growl. I would also like a tip that looks similar to the one thats on the p11 now, with the two tips coming out. Since i have no clue about exhaust, can you guys give me some suggestions (including approximate price and where to find it).

Thanks a lot to anyone who takes the time to help me out with this.

-Keith

·
Registered
212 Posts
your going to have a hotshots CAI being that the company went under. you'll have better luck modifying a 00'-03' Sentra se CAI from ebay. as for the exhuast get in touch with vrs. order their 2 1/2 mandrel tubing kit and then get a long resonator and a magnaflow muffler ranging from 18" - 24". this will give you a pretty decent sound.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
My set-up is a 3" Place racing Sentra CAI with a Stillen pop charger on the end.
My exaust is 2.25" mandrel bent from behind the cat on back, no resonator and hooked to a Remus muffler. A dual tip Remus is pretty hard to find and they're pricey. Soon I'll have a SSAC 2.5 header up front as well. G20 CAIs are next to impossible to find, hence the reason for using a Sentra one. Best bet is to find the CAI & Muffler then take it to a local shop and have em do it up. :thumbsup: D

·
G20 OG
6,684 Posts
you do not want a 2.5" exhaust unless you like it loud.. it will be loud dont let anyone say put x resonators in and it will be fine, it wont unless you have turbo. For N/A without cams and if it is nto a VE then I do not recommend getting any exhaust larger than 2.25"

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
I believe stock is 2" and P10 kits will not fit a P11.

99 P11's even have a different setup than the 2000+ P11's

Depending what you want to do factors into what size piping you want to get. I went with 2.25" piping. All I have is a 2" SSAC header, HS cai and OBX fart can.

Yeah the more flow, the better, but from what I read 2.5" is really loud and some wanted to change it to 2.25" and vice versa. I figure if you have a 2.5" header, CAI, cams, sprockets, etc. then go 2.5". If you have just the basic bolt ons tehn rockthe 2.25. If turbo then 3". Thats just what I think and I am by no means an expert. I was told by the guys at the shop 2.5" would be overkill for what I have...

Im guessing majority of the people will tell you to go 2.25" though

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks a lot for the responses guys, i think ill go with 2.25" tubing and a sentra intake. im not sure if im planning more mods than these, but if i do, i know where to turn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts