Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any body have a cai on a2002 if so what kind does anybody know how it is compared to a pop that what I have now

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
I have a HotShot CAI on my 2000 which is the same as a 2002.

You'll get 3 or 4 more HP to the wheels if you compare the two on a dyno. You wont notice it though from your seat. I had the POP before, couldnt tell the difference.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Doesn't the HS CAI for the lowport P10's fit the P11? I would like to know because if that's the case I have one for sale that I'm willing to sell for less than the group buy.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I would also recomend a Hot Shot CAI. The only reason I didnt get one was we get light street flooding around here and the instalation is more involved then the Stillin Pop.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My friend has a cai intake system and he didn't like it so he changed it to stillen it's cheaper and gives more power.:cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I heard the plac racing one is a better cai

·
Registered
12 Posts

Hey you have the stillen one? How does it sound good? [/B]

I have the Stillen and to me it sounds great. Not even noticable at idle or normal acceleration, but once you stomp on it, it's got a deeper angry tone, sounds like a good v-6

·
Registered
251 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Danny said:
My friend has a cai intake system and he didn't like it so he changed it to stillen it's cheaper and gives more power.:cool:
This is not true, just like 93InfG20 said, the Stillen Hi flow intake (I believe the same unit as the JWT Pop charger) does not produce more power than the CAI. The CAI has two big advantages. First one is cooler air entering the engine, this alone makes more power, and the second is resonance tuning. The length of the CAI helps make the most power (along with the diameter of the cai piping). The manufacturers are actually able to tune using the resonance of the intakes to affect the powerband. There has been quite a bit of testing, and the CAI does make more power. The newest CAI, the AEM unit is supposed to make the most power yet, but the availability is still limited on these units i believe. I personally have the Hotshot CAI, and i've been extremely happy with it.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
880 Posts
yes, the HS sounds really cool and is really loud if you get it to the high rpms. But it's not much harder to install than any other CAI for our cars. The only difficulty is making that hole bigger next to the battery. (You'd better have a dremel handy). But it's worth all the trouble.=)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
BritCG20 said:
yes, the HS sounds really cool and is really loud if you get it to the high rpms. But it's not much harder to install than any other CAI for our cars. The only difficulty is making that hole bigger next to the battery. (You'd better have a dremel handy). But it's worth all the trouble.=)
Awesome! =) How much did you pay for yours?

·
Registered
880 Posts
do you know if the HS CAI for a 95P10 will fit a 2002? because I have a new low port HS CAI I can sell you for 220. That's 50 less then if you bought it from them.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Yeah, they have a website. It's http://www.hotshot.com but their site is down so you won't be able to use it. I'm fairly certain that it's the same intake as the one i'm selling so, it's gonna be about 270 after tax and shipping. I'm still willing to sell mine for 220, or a little lower.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts