Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before you go and buy cai, or while your waiting for it to come in, have any of you guys ever just removed the bottom half of the airbox, and well turned your filter to where all the cold air comes from(the light assembly)?, just imagine how much more air youd get if you spent 20 bux and 3 hours, so that your battery is located next to all your pointless weight, i mean subwoofers....... well ill send in a pic of how it looks and well it sounds better than that muffled airbox shit...any ways...just offering a quick and easy mod that actually helps......unlike wiper lights....heheh

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I tried that a long time ago, before I got my CAI. I didn't think it helped at all, just made the intake sound weird. That's even with a K&N drop in too. I think the added noise made it seem faster, i couldn't tell any real difference in power at all.

·
Registered
211 Posts
This DEFINITELY wouldnt replace the power gains that would be seen from a true CAI...the resonance associated with the long piping of a CAI is what gives it it's power.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
resonator removal....

i sealed off the resonator, so now...it is a straight pipe....and it did make a power diff, it cained 2 hp.....on a dyno......thyats without k&n.....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheapest place for hs cai?

and well ive been shopping around for a while for cai......umm you guys tell me the cheapest place to go get it? and i know i can do the install my self......just need a good source....thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts