Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry it took me longer to get the image hosting to work then it did for me to build the CAI. but here are the pics please tell me what you think, sorry but i think you gotta paste that link below to your browser, i kinda riged this attachment the same way i riged the CAI but im only 17 so what do you expect.

http://64.4.16.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_...album/?id=4291908595&code=2687395&mode=invite

1 i used mandrel piping, a 45deg and alittle less than half of a 180

2 i used a total of only 3 silicon boots

3 and a breather at the engine

4 for the vaccum that goes to the TB i used the rubber hosing off
another breather and it fitted perfectly into the pipe, i noticed that putting a breather on that vaccum causes the eng to as we would say not work,(i found out the hard way):paranoid:

5 oh also i had to remount the battery about 2 inches towards
engine

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
did the link work?

try this one

-http://64.4.16.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_lang=EN&lah=9a89393989bd074fe883df6671203bd0&lat=1018674333&hm___action=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2eimagestation%2ecom%2falbum%2f%3fid%3d4291908595%26code%3d2687395%26mode%3dinvite-

just take out the dashes at the end,sorry:-\

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Well, it kinda worked...I hate imagestation, the javascript always fails on me....ugh...from what I saw, that shit looked tight...good job there. Try to get some close ups...

·
Registered
807 Posts
Not bad at all, better then some of the ghetto ones i've seen. Looks good.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Very, very nice. That looks almost professional, in fact about as good as Hotshot's. What size piping did you use and how much did it cost to complete the job?

·
Registered
880 Posts
also try and get some hp comparisons and post your results. I'm curious as to what kind of hp and torque it's adding at the wheels.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i used 3inch piping, and it sounds very nice too, i have a very loud import muffler on it and it still sounds mean. the piping i think costed me around 40bucks for a 180 piece and a 45, the i paid 10bucks for a breather and 15 bucks for boots. i already had the filter so total of about 65 dollars which im not complaining about at all, oh i forgot i had to buy two breathers because i used the rubberhosing off one of the breathers for the vaccum to the TB. and the other hosing(1/8 inch) i used some type of metal plumbing piece sorry im not exact.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
P11GT said:
very impressed, youve shown good enginuity.
enginuity lol. was that meant as a joke? thats pretty funny

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Looks good. Take some high temp engine paint and paint it, then stick it in the oven for a little while and it will help the air stay a little cooler as well as look good.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ericdd said:
Looks good. Take some high temp engine paint and paint it, then stick it in the oven for a little while and it will help the air stay a little cooler as well as look good.

should he paint the inside also? wondering for myself too.

·
Registered
221 Posts
so I wanna see too.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
Very nice job man... A CAI seems so easy to be put together these days.... At least you got to save over a $100 with that one! ;)
Where did you get the mandrel bent pipes from??

·
Registered
221 Posts
Very clean man you should sell em on ebay looks like a good alternative. I want some dyno numbers you can get the CAI sound by pluging the air box muffler with a gatorade lid.(PM me if you wan pictures)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Did you have to relocate the little black box sitting next to the resonator hole? It looks like this would be in the way if I were to try to enlarge the hole when I looked in that area on my 93.5 P10. I have no idea what it is...relay box or something like that? It doesn't look like it's going anywhere either...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts