Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving the other day at work and I drove through a massive puddle, and my Hotshot CAI sucked up a bunch of water. My car died, but i got it started back up. It died again on the way home after going through another puddle. My car was driving like crap, idling bad and stalling. So i changed out my spark plugs and now the car seems to be driving better....I'm wondering if I did any permanent damage to the engine and if there is anything else that I should do.

·
V3.0 VE-T
3,175 Posts
when that happens you shouldn't of been driving it. You risked hydrolocking your car and runing your engine. Take out your spark plugs again, dry up as much water as you can, reinstall the spark plugs and see how it runs..... hopefully you didn't do any permanant damage.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
wow, I would also suggest trying to not hit the big puddles of water with a low filter like that....

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
yeah, its not a problem unless its a deep puddle. i was waiting at a light for an onramp, and i start to turn left to go up it and theres this MASSIVE puddle, i just flipped a bitch right there and crossed my fingers that no cops were around. got lucky.

·
V3.0 VE-T
3,175 Posts
cavern said:
Get an AEM bypass too, those will help the situation.

- Jon
I was told those work when your CAI is fully submerged like your situation, but it seems like you lose a lil bit of HP too. But point is, be smart, and don't drive thru 2ft puddles... hahah. Unless you have a WAI~

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
when aem first developed it, they tested it on their nsx. With the bypass thing installed, they dunked the whole air filter into a fish tank, and the car ran like nothing happened. So this thing does work, and is proven.

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
No idea, this was like a couple of years ago when i read it, but then again, i dont think ppl are worried about power loss when theyre driving through a puddle of water. I thought they were crazy to try it on a nsx.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts