Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can it be done? The other day I went to see who could but the JWT Cams on my care and this shop that has worked with the JWT S3 cams before told me thieve successfully made Cam Gears for their SR20DE motors. They currently run rallies here in Costa Rica with the Cams.

They also claim that the gears them selves help on low end torque but reduce high end or vice versa according to what you want.

Could this be a good modification? Remember the P11s in Costa Rica are roller rocker engines and don’t have a hydraulic lift sys. How does they vary from advanced timing, or is it basically the same thing?

Thanks

Gman CR

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Gman CR said:
They also claim that the gears them selves help on low end torque but reduce high end or vice versa according to what you want.
They are right. There is no extra power to be found with cam gears on a stock cam or JWT cam SR20. You just move the power band around a bit.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By the way if any of you want to see their web site here it is:

http://www.valverderacing.com/

It in Spanish though

I know its not the P11 but the B13 instead, but we share the same SR20DE motor. Now they get all the fun of being all wheel drive and a lot lighter than us. And believe you me these cars haul ass!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts