Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering if anyone has heard of a way to adjust the camber on a p11. i have an '02 i have ksport coilovers on it and i just had my alignment on it and i have positive 3 degress on both sides in the front i want to get it down to -2 to -1.5 degrees but i haven't seen anyway how to do it. also anyone have ksports and tried a softer spring other than what is offered and what rate did you go with cuz i think i would like to try a softer spring but i wanna see what someone else had tried first.

·
Registered
926 Posts
wow positive 3 degrees? did you raise the car up? i had tein coilovers on my p11 and set them pretty low and my camber was around negative 2 or so.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aw11_p10 said:
wow positive 3 degrees? did you raise the car up? i had tein coilovers on my p11 and set them pretty low and my camber was around negative 2 or so.
i have a quarter inch of space between the wheel well and the tire up front so the [email protected] is low as hell up front.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
the gti-r pulsar at the NJ meet had ksports and i swore they had camber plates up top. does that not allow for camber adjustment? do the p11 ksports not have camber plates on the top? i may be way off. just wondering

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
StangG20 said:
the gti-r pulsar at the NJ meet had ksports and i swore they had camber plates up top. does that not allow for camber adjustment? do the p11 ksports not have camber plates on the top? i may be way off. just wondering
Move the top of the dampers wherever you like on the front of a P10/P11 and it will adjust nothing. The geometry is controlled by the LCA, third link and top link.

The only way to adjust camber is to either bend the third link (not advisable) or to alter the length of the top link, usually achieved with an eccentric tube and poly bushes.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
^gotcha. thanks for clearing that up

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
octotat said:

thanks i didn't realize i had these as an option, i can't see any other way to get this right than these. How much adjustment is gained by installing those bolts and bushings? as i mentioned i had positive 3 degrees so i need to get almost 5 degrees back. i really need to do it so i can get some of my handling back.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Well, here's a before and after of another P11 with the Superpro top link bushes.

http://www.vee-dub565.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/My Pics/Alignment.xls

That was after he had the bushes fitted though, so I don't know what his camber was with the std top links. As you can see, the fitter didn't get the bushes the same on both sides before adjustment.

I'm still struggling to see how you have 3* positive camber. I'm dropped low on coilovers and I can't see any +ve camber (I haven't measured). Are the top link bushes worn, or the LCA ??

My rears have lots of -ve camber with the slotted top holes of the D2s.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
i'm with mark on this one

where are you getting the +3*? is that total combined?

if, in fact you do have +3* on each side, something is wrong.

pics would help.

the superpro bushings allow 1* or so of adjustment

-chuck

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just rechecked my paperwork its +.3 on either side not 3. i looked at it wrong my fault either way i still need to bring it back some. any help out there on the ksport springs?

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Dave had 5/3.5 on his D2s and liked it... (std D2 rates were 11/5, now 9.8/5.1)

That's a P10 though, on the P11 the rear is stiffer as std. (std D2 rates were 11/7, now 9.8/6.5)

Bear in mind though that D2 and Ksport don't advise changing the rates much. D2 say 1kg/mm and Ksport I believe say 2kg/mm.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
It should affect it slightly as it's altering the rolling resistance of the tyre by putting more load on one sidewall.

How much I dunno....

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Mautai916 said:
sorry to be a bit off topic, but since we're on camber, does camber - or + effect MPG?
As Mark stated it does effect MPG somewhat. Improper toe alignment affects MPG a significant amount.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts