Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
Not here...

Some have over on the B15Sentra.net forum. The owner of the site is registered here as "david". Maybe he can share what the people over there have said about them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
two people have them over there

One guy Eric helped them do the testing. The dyno charts showed a gain of 9hp peak and a max gain of 12hp right at the redline.

Another guy Xsanity had them installed at sr20dev so jwt could create instructions for it. I believe he is going to the upcoming socal dyno day so there should be some new numbers to back up the prototype ones.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
david said:
One guy Eric helped them do the testing. The dyno charts showed a gain of 9hp peak and a max gain of 12hp right at the redline.
That's awesome! What were the other mods?

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
G-loads said:
the roller rocket cam, are they any good for turbo application?
Yup. Idealy you need to dial out some of the cam over lap for the best turbo performance. But they work just fine with turbos.

·
Registered
382 Posts
hey g-sport do you mind telling me where you got those rollerrocker cams. thanks

matt

·
Registered
424 Posts
........still counting the coins.........:*(

actually, just got a call from the credit card company...man, if the rate of spending is greater than the rate of paying back, I guess something gotta give?!!? LOL....

just putting things on hold for now....... :( :( :( :*(

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
G-loads said:
the roller rocket cam, are they any good for turbo application?
Originally posted by G-Forces

Yup. Idealy you need to dial out some of the cam over lap for the best turbo performance. But they work just fine with turbos.

Well these are "S" series cams. I would rather wait to see if they make a "C" series cam for the RR motors.

The "C" series have been proven to be superior for a turbo application.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
b-b00gie said:

Well these are "S" series cams. I would rather wait to see if they make a "C" series cam for the RR motors.

The "C" series have been proven to be superior for a turbo application.
Personally I'd stick with the S series on a street car. Of course the 'C' series are better in every way for peak power. I've seen a car with the S4's and if the C2/3's are worse I don't want them. The S4 cams are about as agressive as I'd want on a daily driver, especially a G20. To each their own I guess.

·
Registered
424 Posts
well, the C series cams are good for turbo application, and if this turbo application is used for street driving, isn't this what you both said? LOL =)

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
G-loads said:
well, the C series cams are good for turbo application, and if this turbo application is used for street driving, isn't this what you both said? LOL =)
I'm not sure exactly what Brian means. I'll agree the C series cams will get better power. But I don't think most of the people on this forum would be happy with them. The idle is very, very lopey and low end power is not be very good. Combine the low end power and the turbo lag it might not be very fun in bumper to bumper traffic.

However turbo with C series cams would rip it up big time power wise. It really depends on your goals and what you're willing to live with. The S3's that I have lost a bit of low/mid torque. More than I'd like but once the revs get past 4000rpm I forget all about it. ;) The C series would probalby be even more on the extremes but aren't as dramatic on the low port motors. Problem with the C series cams is that you NEED to buy JWTs spring set which runs over $500.

I see Brian going balls to the wall all out fire breathing motor here. Truth is the S3 and C cams are both good for turbo. Just depends on how much power you want, what you can afford and what you are willing to live with as far as annoyances.

·
Registered
424 Posts
G-Forces said:

I'm not sure exactly what Brian means. I'll agree the C series cams will get better power. But I don't think most of the people on this forum would be happy with them. The idle is very, very lopey and low end power is not be very good. Combine the low end power and the turbo lag it might not be very fun in bumper to bumper traffic.

However turbo with C series cams would rip it up big time power wise. It really depends on your goals and what you're willing to live with. The S3's that I have lost a bit of low/mid torque. More than I'd like but once the revs get past 4000rpm I forget all about it. ;) The C series would probalby be even more on the extremes but aren't as dramatic on the low port motors. Problem with the C series cams is that you NEED to buy JWTs spring set which runs over $500.

I see Brian going balls to the wall all out fire breathing motor here. Truth is the S3 and C cams are both good for turbo. Just depends on how much power you want, what you can afford and what you are willing to live with as far as annoyances.
so for the less hp hunger-typed, the S4 should do the job? Otherwise, depends on my tolerance for low end loss? Hmm....

but it's also depending on where you live as well. for my case, I live out in the boonie and most kms are highway, the problem with loss in the low end shouldn't be of the concern.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
G-loads said:
but it's also depending on where you live as well. for my case, I live out in the boonie and most kms are highway, the problem with loss in the low end shouldn't be of the concern.
Suit yourself. ;) I'll let you have a ride in my car. Keeping in mind JWT only makes S3 RR cams. :p

·
Registered
424 Posts
G-Forces said:

Suit yourself. ;) I'll let you have a ride in my car. Keeping in mind JWT only makes S3 RR cams. :p
well, wouldn't it makes sense that they'd make the C series if they can crack the 2000+ ECU?

yeah, I was hoping for a ride in your car last time!!! =) If I am coming down on the 19th April for the Imports convention, we should hook up!

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
G-loads said:
yeah, I was hoping for a ride in your car last time!!! =) If I am coming down on the 19th April for the Imports convention, we should hook up!
4sure!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts