Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Nismo have any camshafts for the sr20de p11 ? I cant find any on the internet. I want to get as many Nismo parts possible for my car. Am I better off saving all of my money and making a trip to Japan? :-\

·
Registered
382 Posts
I've never seen any NISMO cams :-\ . I'm in the same boat as you....NISMO rocks!!! And I think you are better off going to Japan. All the parts are cheaper and you get to see how they hook up their Primeras. Our cars are very popular tuner cars there. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there not a website that sells JDM parts cheap? Everyplace I find is crazy expensive.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Chuck said:
Is there not a website that sells JDM parts cheap? Everyplace I find is crazy expensive.
Cheap JDM parts? That's a major contradiction. ;)
Truth be told, even though some JDM parts may be better than thier US counterpart, the cost and headaches of getting them aren't worth it in the end. And I think that Nismo is just an overpriced name. I've even read that they're not even covered under the Nissan warranty, so I personally wouldn't even waste my time with them either. I say just get some JWT S3 roller rocker cams.

BTW, are you looking for JDM Tomei camshafts? www.aebsracing.com may be able to get some for you.

·
Registered
309 Posts
jwt makes the s3r cams also for the p11 and b15 roller rocker sr20's. they are a decent price and offer GREAT power gains.

also piper cams offers 2 different grinds for the RR sr20 (one mild, and one the most extreme roller cam i've ever seen)

do some searching and you'll find the answers you seek

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Technically there are NISMO camshafts, but the JWT cams will give you better power for less money....

·
Registered
471 Posts
I read the following on FRSPORT.COM
<<Tomei SR20DET Poncam and Procam Camshafts are one of the toughest and best cams made in terms of HP output and engine response. The cams were maximized so that adjustable cam sprockets may not be required. We only carry Poncam as a 256 IN / 256 EX combo. Anything other duration is considered as the Procams, which requires valve spring changes for higher lifts. If you need to mix and match ProCam durations for either Intake and Exhaust, please call in. For example, you may go with ProCam 260 for Intake and ProCam 270 for Exhaust.>>

It seems that, according to FRSPORT.COM, once the cam's duration is 260 or greater that new valve springs are also required.
I see the TOMEI 143041 Type N cams recommended for a P10 Primera , but they have a duration of 260degrees, which according to FRSPORT, would require new valve springs.

I just want to replace my stock cams with cams that do not require that I buy new valve springs.
Can anyone guide me to a set of camshafts that will fit a 1991 p10 and won't require new valve springs? Do such cams exist?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have a set of used original oem cams that I will be pairing with a set of used original rocker arms. I have been told by more than one person that this is alright to do provided the parts are in good shape and that a break-in period will be required as if the camshaft were a brand new one.
  • Is there a specific weight of oil that is required to run while breaking in a camshaft and rockers?
  • Will the odd pairing of camshafts and rockers cause valve sealing and compression problems?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts