Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
G20 Newbie
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i'm thinking about buyin a front corner hit p10 and hauling it ~230 miles...

so i'm gonna borrow my friends ~94 2wd Toyota tacoma and get one of those U-Haul front weel dolly and tow it 230 miles.. Seattle to Mid-vally Oregon

dose any one see any problem about this? you think the truck can pull the p10.

i need some insight about this before i do it this weekend, gas an 9hrs driving isnt cheap

thanks guys.. and i'll be sure to suprise all of u guys end of this summer :shhh:

·
Registered
526 Posts
i say rent a minivan and uhaul it! :lol: but seriously if you end up using a tacoma dont forget to turn overdrive off to avoid strain on the engine (if its an auto) I read that in a book... :thumbsup:

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
I've seen toyota p/u's as motor homes...If it has the v6, then you are good...the four banger is prolly ok, as long as its either down hill, or on a flat surface...I sure hope you don't have to go uphill at all!
Does the g run? Cause you could always just drive it...have a buddy in front, and one in back! Illegal, yeah, but its less risky than pulling it with a questionalble truck! 116hp/140ft/lbs (if its a I4)...the g has more power than that...maybe you should tow the truck ;)
>>G

·
Registered
182 Posts
If the tacoma is a 6 you'll be okay. My buddy hauled my G with a 5spd V6 silverado from abilen to houston (about a 5hr drive) with no problems. We used a car haul trailer from U-haul.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
we are not going to be bale to use that 4 beater.... the hitch on it is on the bumper it slef... made t hual little trailers..... doubt it would hold the weight of the car... also...uhaul you can get a set up for bout 360.....

·
Registered
200 Posts
well it depends what the tacoma is...you only said its a 5 speed... now is it the 2wd 2.4 I4 or is it the 4wd 2.7 I4 or is it the 2wd or 4wd v6?...now i've owned a 4wd 2.7 and a 4runner with the 3.4 v6 (the same as the tacoma)...the tacoma was a 5 speed and i drove with 2 guys (me 150ish the other guy pushig 300) with one polaris 500 in the bed and a polaris 800 on a trailer...and i drove about 4 hours to my grandparents...which made me have to drive up and down parleys canyon (one of the steepest highways in the nation) and i held 70 the whole way up...and i drove 3 1/2 hours to moab with 5 people and about 400 pounds in camping and rock climbing gear and a trailer with 3 polaris 500s...hit the freeway set the cruise at 74 so i wouldn't get pulled over...and i was fine the whole way...so to the point i think you'll be fine if its the 2.7 or the 3.4...the 2.4 is questionable but what the hell at least you wouldn't have to rent something...

·
Registered
20,791 Posts
I tried to roll my p11 down a hill and onto the trailer and only made it halfway up the ramps. Even if this car is free, sound like more hassle than it is worth.

·
G20 Newbie
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
trbobrk said:
Even if this car is free, sound like more hassle than it is worth.
oh it sure isnt free... i'm buying it for ~$500 for parts + 300 for uhaul+gas.. so i'm buying a wrecked p10 for $800... sorry guys but if u dont know i love p10's and to get a hold of another p10 for parts that i could mod is just soo sweet..
did i mention it was a Touring :teeth:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts