Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can I put Eibach ProKit Lowering Springs just on the front and leave the rear factory?

Also, do you really have to re-allign the front differently when you lower them?

I finally took a pic of the way it sets currently on stock springs:

:( I guess I am going to try Eibachs and see how bad they tuck then...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Wouldn't that look kinda funky? The car looks kinda pitched forward as it is.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Well my only concern would be the handling would be messed up and you would probably get a ton of understeer from having higher spring rate up front and the normal rate in back.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Keep in mind that *most* aftermarket springs are much stiffer than stock springs. The difference in spring stiffness would probably make up for the fact that the springs are shorter.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I know this is a little bit different, but with my ground control springs added weight has a very little affect on the ride height. I can bounce on my car (stand on teh doorsill and bounce up and down) and the car hardly moves. Either that or i'm just too damn skinny :surprised ;)

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
JustinP10 said:
I know this is a little bit different, but with my ground control springs added weight has a very little affect on the ride height. I can bounce on my car (stand on teh doorsill and bounce up and down) and the car hardly moves. Either that or i'm just too damn skinny :surprised ;)
I have to agree. If you go with coil overs you can adjust your ride height. Front and rear.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol
yeh, if I had money left over to buy coilovers I would, but I don't due to the stereo system.

And it contains 4 12" Subs, Enclosure, 2 Amps, 4 Crossovers, 1 5Farad Capacitor and the amprack.

You guy think if I just Intrax or Eibach springs all the way around, that it would set right? Someone told me that lowering springs were progressive so with that amount of weight, it would set the same with or without the system...?

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
only Eibach have progressive spring rates and that is for the rears only. Maybe that would help with ur car dropped in the back. But I warn you my friend did that on his neon thinkin it would work and his front was up in the air while his rear rims were beginning to tuck. He ended up cutting two coils off the front to even it out. But he now has seen the light and ordered coil overs:asian:

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
My friend had coilovers on his 99 G20 and the ride was terrible it rode like a toyota tercel. It lost that smooth ride so he went back to stock. The speedshop owner explained to us that coil overs are only good for certain manufacturers like Honda/Mitsu etc. He showed us the width of a civic spring and the width of the G20 or other nissan the Nissan is almost twice as wide and coilovers are all very narrow. So the springs would never be able to hold the exact amount of weight of the car at any height, thats why he had a BAD ride at any height when he had the coilovers. Now hes going eibach and so am i. Dont get coilovers youre gonna waste youre money and lose your ride. Unless you dont care, youll be all bouncy too

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Domiken said:
My friend had coilovers on his 99 G20 and the ride was terrible it rode like a toyota tercel. It lost that smooth ride so he went back to stock. The speedshop owner explained to us that coil overs are only good for certain manufacturers like Honda/Mitsu etc. He showed us the width of a civic spring and the width of the G20 or other nissan the Nissan is almost twice as wide and coilovers are all very narrow. So the springs would never be able to hold the exact amount of weight of the car at any height, thats why he had a BAD ride at any height when he had the coilovers. Now hes going eibach and so am i. Dont get coilovers youre gonna waste youre money and lose your ride. Unless you dont care, youll be all bouncy too
Excuse my french but...WTF are you talking about? I don't think you have a clue!

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Ouch

did some one feed poppy bear some hot porridge

*GO Raptors GO*

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Posted by GTA G20

I have to agree. If you go with coil overs you can adjust your ride height. Front and rear.

THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT G-FORCES CHECK THE REPLIES BEFORE JUDGING.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Domiken said:
THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT G-FORCES CHECK THE REPLIES BEFORE JUDGING.
I can judge you all I want when you spout bullshit like this!

Domiken said:
The speedshop owner explained to us that coil overs are only good for certain manufacturers like Honda/Mitsu etc. He showed us the width of a civic spring and the width of the G20 or other nissan the Nissan is almost twice as wide and coilovers are all very narrow. So the springs would never be able to hold the exact amount of weight of the car at any height, thats why he had a BAD ride at any height when he had the coilovers. Now hes going eibach and so am i. Dont get coilovers youre gonna waste youre money and lose your ride. Unless you dont care, youll be all bouncy too

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
i still havent met a person that has coilovers on their car, that has kept the ride. Every person ive met has had a harsh a$$ ride with coilovers. I have a right to an opinion, you being a moderator or not which i dont give a F- U- C- K who you are. You have just been acting like youre the $hit lately it hasnt just been with me. Be a moderator not a D-I-C-K-H-E-A-D. :smoke:

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Domiken said:
i still havent met a person that has coilovers on their car, that has kept the ride. Every person ive met has had a harsh a$$ ride with coilovers. I have a right to an opinion, you being a moderator or not which i dont give a F- U- C- K who you are. You have just been acting like youre the $hit lately it hasnt just been with me. Be a moderator not a D-I-C-K-H-E-A-D. :smoke:
Sorry you feel that way, next time you want to call me names please e-mail me privatly or PM me.

You do have right to your opinion. But again it's another matter of expressing opinion as fact!

Domiken said:
Dont get coilovers youre gonna waste youre money and lose your ride. Unless you dont care, youll be all bouncy too
Your 'opinion' is still complete bullshit! I can't count how many people on this forum have have Ground Controls on both P10 and P11 and are more than happy with them. TEIN's and JIC coilovers are excellent quality and a very good buy. B&G has a very nice street setup that is not bouncy, harsh or a waste of money.

Moderator or not, I'm not going to play nicey nicey just so that I don't hurt someones feelings, especially if you start calling me names and yelling! If you have any futher concerns with my conduct take it up with me privately. I will delete then next off-topic name calling post you make public.

Jason -- Heir to the King Turd throne

·
Registered
520 Posts
Let me step in right quick and be a temporary moderator. Now Domiken...when someone says what you just posted is bullsh*t, don't take it the wrong way. It may sound a little harsh but, he was just stating that what you posted was not factual. Now I ride on Teins and they ride pretty dam good for a 1.7" drop. Now the people you ran into that had a harsh a$$ ride probably didn't have good adjustable shocks or didn't have a clue as to what setting they should be on for a acceptable ride. It's not the coilovers.... They probably got those cheap a$$ Lowboyz or something.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts