Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI all,

I have been undergoing a lot with the G, just replaced the Rad, the Alternator, and was about to do a manual transmission fluid change.
Then I noticed quite a bit of road grime mixed with the tranny fluid. Well after just a little bit of light cleaning with a cloth and some simple green, it started leaking like a sieve.

It all seems to be coming out of this place on the front side (the Bow side) of the tranny, right next to the side cover (see pics).

Looking at the FSM, I think that this is a plug may be a Welch plug, a check plug and ball, or the Striking rod oil seal and boot -
But that is only my best guess looking at the diagrams.

If anyone can help my identify - and most helpfully hit me up with the fix on this, I would, as always be most appreciative

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
Is their a connector not plugged in?

I have b15trans case IM about to look at inns little.
From my little phone screen it looks like a busted either reverse are park an neutral switch.

It not the striking rod seal.

Do your reverse lights work?

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
I did a clutch job not too long ago. All buttoned up and started pouring the gear lube in and it was pissing right out. I forgot to put that sensor in completely LOL. I'm pretty sure it's the same exact spot as in the pic.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, so what's next?

Yes, reverse bulb sensor switch.
Got it, the original came right out with a little vise-gripping and some heat applied to the area to loosen it up.

Great, now that all of the fluid has drained out, before I could even get the replacement switch, on to the next step in a fluid change.

Shit-
Now the next problem,
I'm not sure if you can tell from the first picture in the thread, but the filler plug looks a little stripped there.
So I get that right hex bit socket from Napa, and no dice.
That bit just turns in there.

Heated up the surrounding area - but it still won't budge.
I even tried giving the bit a couple of taps with the hammer to (try to) make sure it was kinda seated in there.
I just know that it got stripped by an impact when I got my clutch done.

So G-Net,
Can anyone suggest another way to a) get the filler plug out, (short of tapping it)
or b) where else can I access to fill the tranny?

Thanks guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.