Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 G20t, auto trans and I wanna do some basic upgrades untill I can swap out my tranny and turbo my engine. I want some hotshot headers, with CAI some JWT cams and some exhaust ( I havent decided yett, any suggestions? Somthing very low, but has a nice growl at WOT and has low freeway noise). Will the auto tranny be able to handle the added power? Anyone have any ballpark figures on what my Hp will be? Any other suggestions of mods I should do before going turbo?

·
Registered
354 Posts
yea the tranny should easily handle that much power..i'm plannin on adding hotshot cai, headers, and a 35shot of nos and i was told my tranny would easily handle that much power.
umm
guessing
9hp cai
14hp for headeres
20 for cams
----
add them together and u'll get somewhere around 40hp

·
Registered
692 Posts
You can't just add the individual hp amounts. I would say it would be somewhere around 20hp at the wheels. Thats what I am doing now. The greddy exhaust is very nice if you have the funds to buy it. It is really deep and decently loud.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Your tranny shouldn't have any problems with bolt ons. It's when you start squeezing nitrous, or boosting that it has problems. CAI, Header, Exhaust, and S3's should net you in the neighborhood of 135-150whp, depending on the tune of your motor, timing, etc... Depending on the exhaust size, timing, tune, etc... you'd probably put down 130-135ft.lbs of torque to the wheels. But, these are just guesses, don't hold me to these numbers. Those mods will make a very noticeable difference.

Maybe look into UR pullies too, if you do any sort of racing, or are always revving it up pretty high they help keep the motor cool at higher rpms. I think of them as cheap insurance (from water pump cativation) with the bonus of a couple extra hp too! =)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
The SR20 slushbox becomes marginal starting around 200 bhp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts