Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed an aftermarket alarm/ remote starter, but the stock alarm still goes off for no apparent reason maybe 1 very 100 times (low estimate). It is still annoying though especially when it is really late at night and people start looking out the windows. Is there anyway to just disable the factory alarm w/o affecting anyhting else? Thank you

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
my remote entry makes the alarm go off if you lock the door with the door switch or open the trunk and then unlock the doors with the remote. when you open the door it goes off. supposedly this can be fixed with a relay by i never could get it to work. theres a bunch of previous posts about this.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
on the UK P10, theres a unit under the hand brake centre console which you just disconnect once the factory is disarmed, this overides the stock alarm and it will no longer work. This might be the same as your US version, have a look and see if theres something there.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
how do you get the handbrake thing off to get a look at the alarm thing? i couldnt find a fuse for the alarm in the main fuse panel i guess because that would make it too easy for some thief guy. where is the alarm fuse supposed to be?

·
Registered
59 Posts
disconect the factory hood pin switch under the hood on the right hand side, and unlock the doors with the factory remote, this will solve your problem, but remember to never use you factory remote again

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
91s didnt come with factory remotes. i have an aftermarket remote and the reason i want to disconnect the alarm is because sometimes it goes off when i unlock the doors with said remote. would disconnecting the alarm like you said cause problems with the new remote?

·
Registered
80 Posts
i just unplugged the harness going to the stock alarm it's located in the dash by the steering wheel area...

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
can you give a little more detail

1 - 10 of 10 Posts