Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trunk wont latch now. It was working fine, now it won't latch and the "Security System" light just blinks all the time. Tried adjusting the latch assembly but no luck, so I'm thinkin maybe it's a short or something causing the switch to always stay open. Any ideas? Thanks

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
are you sure the latch is open? try opening the latch with a screwdriver while you turn the key or have someone pull the lever to open the trunk.

·
Super Moderator
15,147 Posts
I currently have this same problem. My temporary fix was a "C" clamp. My problem was the two bolts that hold the bar that the trunk lid attaches to became stripped and when the lid comes down the bar moves and won't latch. So I folded the rear seats down and Sat in the trunk and lined up a Clamp to hold the latch where it needs to be. Try that idea.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Make sure the part that is in the lid is not partially broken off. It need to be a full around metal that would locked it up. Mine broke a while back when I forced it open. (locked key in the trunk in the middle of no where!) it cost less than 20 for part and you can change it in 15 min.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think I have the same problem with the metal being broken, but I am not sure, do you think you could post a picture of that part so I know what I have to buy. that would really help.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I don't have a picture. But this part is in the base not the lid. So explain it to the dealer and they can show the diagram to you as what it look like. It is pretty much a metal loop attached to a plate with a little wire on the side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts