Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took the battery in and had it checked battery is good.
had the alternator checked it is good.
pulled the in line 75 amp fuse and it looks like it is good.

if i charge the battery it runs for about a week then it dies when ever you drive it. i can jump it and it will run for about a block then the car dies what else do i check please help. 1991 g20

·
Registered
113 Posts
Wow, I hope my car doesn't die when it is diving either ;).

Seriously now, it still sounds like the charging system to me. Maybe the problem is intermittent? Perhaps you could get a second opinion on the alternator.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I had a similar problem.. the wires going to the battary would untight slowly .. and the the car would die.... I don't know exactly what the guy at the garage did but its been working since then and charged me 10bucks ... you should check that before changing anything!

I might be wrong i'm no mecanich :shhh:

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
More details please! What do you mean die's? Does it happen at a stop or while accelerating or just cruising? Does the lights on the dash come on? Does the car start right back up? Is there any hesitation or bucking prior to it stalling out? Does your PS still work or no?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when you are driving the car lights go dim and the car dies. (just crusing) no lights come on power steering is good. the car has to be jumped runs about a mile then dies checked the battery it is good pulled the alt had it checked it is good some how the alt is not charging the battery or keeping the car running.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
last time it happed i charged the battery and it ran for about a week then it died the car is just running of the battery had the alt checked they say it is good checked the in line fuse it looks good. need help

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Have you changed the alternator belt? If not do that, it's $10 and take 20 minutes tops. If the belt is new check the tension. Is there any squeeling? Did you spill any oil on the belt taking the filter off while doing an oil change?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no belt is fine did not spill oil when i did the oil change. which wire on the alt the one with the red cap or the other wire on the bottom.

·
Dude, your bed is a car..
4,567 Posts
^^^ I second that. is gotta be something to do with the alternator...

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
man problems with the altizzy suck! Mine did the same thing but it was way worse it wouldnt run a week after a charge.. it would run good for half a day and by the end of the day it would be VERY hard to start and when i ended up taking it to infiniti it died 3 times while i was driving over there and a final time when i pulled into the service area..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
come on guys lets think hard. i tryed a fluke tester on the battery and on the alt. Car not running battery is at 12 volt alt at 12 volt start the car test again and battery is 14 volt alt is 14 volt not cable not alt not battery not fuse. i need some help dont wont to go to the shop.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts