Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 94 G20 was leaking a little water from the heater this morning. I dont think it is one of those heater hoses inside the car because the car sat outside overnight in a downpour, there has to be a slow leak somewhere. The leak is somewhat like my Miata. The problem on that car was that leafs clogged the drain, is that a common problem on the G20 too?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Is the leak on the rug on the pass side front floorboard? If so, it's probably a clogged evaporator drain hose. You can jack the car up and blow compressed air into the hose and that should clear the blockage.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How can it be causing the leaky consider how the car wasnt on over night? I will look into that hose thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've had this leak onto the passenger footwell carpet (left one as it's a U.K. model) very occasionally when parked in a downpour but it doesn't always happen, perhaps 1 in 6 downpours, very strange. I wonder if it's something to do with the angle the car is leaning or wind direction, as the intensity of the rain doesn't seem to be a great factor, there's some other factor involved or the water would get in every time.

My suspicions are with water getting into the air vent system, or perhaps the windscreen rubber seal, but I'm not that bothered about it as it hardly ever happens and it just wets the foot mat a bit.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to put my car under a nozzle yesttterday hoping to find the leak, but i couldnt find a drop. I am with you on this one, it seem to be leaking from somewhere near the venting system. Too bad the black piece around the windshield wiper arm isnt openable. Else I would definitley checked to see whats under there

thanks

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
SteveB said:
......perhaps the windscreen rubber seal.....
I'm leaning towards the front windshield rubber seal, at least along the top. I've noticed a times that after a "big downpour" my front floor mats are usually damp. The best way to see if it is from the top of the front windshield is to look for some sort of discoloration in the fabric in the roof lining(I found some when I folded both sun visors down.) Assuming that's the culprit, having it resealed should cost around $75. :-\

1 - 6 of 6 Posts