Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A month ago I bought a G20 from 96.The car had the original CD player.In my other car (now for sale) I had an mp3 player and I thought "why not?" so I bought an adapter from BestBuy in order to mount the mp3 player.Now the problems start:
Tha adapter fits in shape but some wires don't seem to connect tha way they should.
Tha unit powers up, the antena seems to be moving as the radio is on or off, anything works except the sound is missing.
I think that the adapter isn't quite right so I'm asking for help.
This is what's hanging from the dashboard:

There are 2 sockets , a smaller one at the left and a bigger one at the right.

Looking at them from the inside of the car (unit's point of view) (as they hang from the dashboard), the wires are like this:

Small:

Magenta | plastic clip | green+brown
green | blue | pink | gray (thicker wire)

Big:

blue|red+blue(gray stripes)|plastic clip|blue|magenta(gray stripes)
gray(thick)|red+yellow(gray stripes)|red+black(gray stripes)|black+brown(gray stripes)|pink|green

color 1 + color 2 (color 3 stripes) means longitudinal stripes of colors 1 and 2 with circular stripes of color 3

Thank you very much in advance!

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Do a search on this, its been covered. Keep in mind, the outputs all lead back to the power amps under the rear deck, then to the speakers.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1:How do I check if the amps are still working (I haven't changed anything since I extracted the other unit when everithing was working fine) ?
2:The addapter I bought from BestBuy is for Nissan and this is the one not matching.
3:Thank you, I'll keep searching!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts