1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very short:
The A/C doesn't turn off anymore!!!!
Only when I stop the fan.
Tha switch controlling the A/C seems to be working fine (if I push it, the light turns on, I push it again, the light turns off but the A/C is still working)
Any suggestions?
Thank you very much in advance!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
this happens in my 00 as well, ill press the AUTO button but when i turn it off the top vents shut off, but my feet get blasted with air at whatever temp it was set at before..

i dont get it, i keep having to turn it on manual and leave the fan turned off, but its still 'on' lol maybe its cloged? i dunno.. apprently the previous owner kept it in crap shape.. more and more things i keep finding out are messed up.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Bishous-G said:
this happens in my 00 as well, ill press the AUTO button but when i turn it off the top vents shut off, but my feet get blasted with air at whatever temp it was set at.
Well, my G does this too - if it's on A/C and then I completely turn it off, the floor vents come "on" if the recirculation button is off. That must be the default route for the air when the system is off and recirc is off - it's just the air coming through the outside air-intake. If you were to turn on recirc when the system is off, no noticeable airflow will come through the floor vents.

At least in my case, the vent air is cold for a while after I turn off the A/C just because the system is cold and the vent paths are cool. If it's hot outside and I turn off the climate control completely, the floor vent air will be cool for a while, and then gradually warm up to whatever the outside temperature is. It can take a few minutes to 'lose its cool' however. Sometimes if it's nice outside I'll just turn the system off but leave recirc off too, so cool outside air comes through the floor vents - if you're at highway speeds, the airflow is pretty good.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Bishous-G said:
thanks! its kinda annoying when cause my feet get funny feeling after a bit..
Plus it's a safety hazard. If you're wearing sandles, any passengers might be subject to breathing noxious fumes as well. :zoinks:

But yeah, I bet jjacob is right - if the interior switch is working, then the relay is probably the culprit.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll try to check the relay this evening.

P.S. Outside it was something around 75-80 F and when I was turning the fan off, I could hear (and see it on the rev counter) the engine changing the speed (that's when I was stopped)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
curiosul said:
P.S. Outside it was something around 75-80 F and when I was turning the fan off, I could hear (and see it on the rev counter) the engine changing the speed (that's when I was stopped)
That's normal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts