Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 G20 and the problem is that when u put the car in drive or reverse it stumbles and shut down when cold, but if u let the car warm up for about 15 min it'll run fine. Someone told me it was the MAF sensor changed them twice and still have the same problem.

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Its a tuning issue ......... Well either that or the motors kaput ....... More likely to need tuning tho

·
Registered
24 Posts
My 99 does the same thing when cold. It was the worst last night. I,ve done a tune up on the car with oem parts do you think the mass air is the problem? My dealers around here aren't worth a crap.

Ryan

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Coolant temp sensor may also be the issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Arg...Same here

My car stalls on cold start as well. usually gotta let it warm realllll good and then still rev the engine for a few additional minutes. Still the car attempts to stall. On really cold days I've gotten good at driving my auto like a manuel cause I gotta rev the car a bit with it on neutral then jump it over to drive. Horrible for the engine but the only way I can get it moving.

This is getting especially bad now that its getting cool.

I've cleaned the throttle body, changed a few things. Problem has continued for over 2 years without avail.

(now to make things worst my alternator is DEAD) joy....

Still...I love my G and i'll ride her till fer f... tires fall off ;-)

99G20t

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
mattb said:
Tune up, clean out the Idle Air Control Valve, and reset the base idle to 750.
couldnt have said it better, check all your vacuum hoses too and the PCV system... sounds like the car is telling you "tune up please" i wouldnt say the motor is bad because it would probably be acting similar even when the car is warmed up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same problem, have cahnged everything included in a Tune up, even paid 3 different garages to look at it and each and every time they say my car is prefect! My car is not wanting to start when it is cold, and demands 10 min of warm up in the winter!

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Heres a thought ....... Perhaps somone should look at the mapping..... Looks like you need a bit more throttle to keep it goin' ........ I recon a trip to Nissan is what you need :(

·
Registered
656 Posts
BriN146 said:
Same problem, have cahnged everything included in a Tune up, even paid 3 different garages to look at it and each and every time they say my car is prefect! My car is not wanting to start when it is cold, and demands 10 min of warm up in the winter!
Definately check the ARV. Mine has the same problem and it is a shotty ARV.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Sounds like it could be a failed coolant temp sensor for the computer (not the gauge). Also could be a problem with the IAC valve, as previously mentioned by others.

·
Registered
462 Posts
B-Eazy said:
I have a 99 G20 and the problem is that when u put the car in drive or reverse it stumbles and shut down when cold, but if u let the car warm up for about 15 min it'll run fine. Someone told me it was the MAF sensor changed them twice and still have the same problem.

Check for engine codes even if the light stays off. If you are having sensor issues it should show up there.
Once long long ago, I had a ford that was doing this. ( I know it is different car and...)

It turned out to be a bad battery! Although the battery would start the car right up it had internal issues and when it was checked it would come back as bad battery!
So I suggest check the battery and run a check for any engine codes.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm also having a shut off issue but when in park at idle im guessing its the IACV....on the older SR20's the IACV is on the far left ( assuming your standing in front of the engine/car ) on the throttle chamber , pass. side ....the 00-02 it sits right under the throttle chamber where the intake hose connects to the throttle....

·
Registered
462 Posts
2000ET1G20 said:
I'm also having a shut off issue but when in park at idle im guessing its the IACV....on the older SR20's the IACV is on the far left ( assuming your standing in front of the engine/car ) on the throttle chamber , pass. side ....the 00-02 it sits right under the throttle chamber where the intake hose connects to the throttle....
Have you ran a obd test? Do you have any codes? IAVC would thru a code.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have the same thing too when i drive n stop i have too rev it so it wont turn off also when put in reverse n drive what do you think it is

1 - 20 of 23 Posts