Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK for about the past month and a half, my car will occasionally(maybe once every 2 weeks back then but more so now)but with no pattern, start, idle, and quickly drop and will struggle to maintain running and finally stall. I then try to start it again and if it catches it quickly stalls or it won't catch at all. Sometimes if i wait a while it will start and the past 2 times it wouldn't for about a day.

Yes i've been told i might be flooding it but i don't believe thats the case

I have a new starter, ignition coil, and just had the fuel pressure checked today.

I TOWED my g to a local shop i like on fri. and they didn't get to it till today (monday) and when they went to start it up, it was fine, so they turned it off and again it started. They continued this quite a few times and it was fine so they cleaned out my throttle body and sent me on my way with a 60 dollar bill for towing and cleaning. not bad but when i got home from work and was about to leave again, IT DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea what coul be causing this but my pops told me to replace the EGR and PCV valves, which i don't know much about. CAN ANYONE HELP ME!!! Out of the past month i've gotten to drive my car for about a week because of fix ups or maintainance shit. HELP ME!!!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
could the MAF also be causing this?? it just did it again today!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
i dont think it would be the cap or the rotor as much as it might be the plug wires

if you want you can test the wires by starting your car at night and looking to see if they are arching out, or you can get a light tester( ground out one end of the tester and run the tip down each of the wires.......if the light lights up on the tester then your wires are garbage)

just an old trick my dad taught me when the same thing was happening to my SE-R

·
Registered
880 Posts
I say check all your vacuum lines from your intake (especially if you have a CAI), check EGR flow, and AIV flow. Also check fuel filter and idle (if you can). Those things tend to be the usual culprits. oh and do it in that order. If that doesn't fix anything, do a compression test and check your plugs and wires. If it still doesn't work I don't know what else to do.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I say check all your vacuum lines from your intake (especially if you have a CAI), check EGR flow, and AIV flow. Also check fuel filter and idle (if you can). Those things tend to be the usual culprits. oh and do it in that order. If that doesn't fix anything, do a compression test and check your plugs and wires. If it still doesn't work I don't know what else to do.

thanks everybody, i'm gonna try and start doing this today. Fuel filter and idle have been checked and i know my plug wires are old as hell so i'll try to get some of those ordered new too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts