Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Old engine died, so this was a DE to DE swap.. both highports.

When I picked it up from the shop, there was a rough idle, so I decided to inspect the mech's work n do a tune up. When I took the wire off the 1st plug, dirty water flowed out (scared me cuz it looked like fresh oil!) I took a clean rag n a hanger to get the water out then propped a hairdryer over the hole for about an hour. I replaced the fuel filter, plugs, wires, cap n rotor. Starter works, but the motor won't turn over.

Here's what I inspected next:
Fuel pump primes on key turn
Fuel pressure is good from filter to rail
Injectors check out at the high end of spec
TPS checks out
Power transistor checks out
Coil checks out

Besides putting gashes in my fender and the leak between the trani n motor (yeah, this dude did me dirty), I noticed that they sliced open a power steering hose n it's leakin fluid on at least 2 harnesses... one harness seems to lead into the injector wiring. I tried my best to get my hand in n undo the harness to try to clean it out, but the space is REALLY tight n I ran out of daylight.

Well, there's my story, what do ya think?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
dude that's mad messed up. If I were you, I'd be going back to the shop to have a word with that mechanic!

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
You have your two basic things for your engine. Fuel and spark, now you checked a good amount on the fuel side, keep checking the spark. Check the plugs, wires, dist cap and rotor. Go back over all of them. Make sure the connections are all good.

Gmac

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DaPCWiz said:
dude that's mad messed up. If I were you, I'd be going back to the shop to have a word with that mechanic!
Absolutely! He already refused to make good on his work once.. eventhough I have a written warrantee for the work n the motor. He basically told me to fix it myself. Since I'm desperate to get to my job in the mornin n he doesn't answer his phone on the weekends, I figured a tune up couldn't hurt. Hmph. He has one last shot to make things right by me. I'd be happy if he fixed everything n gave a full refund (took him almost a month for swap, did crappy job n damaged fender, hose n possibly some other components, I've been using a rental car the whole time). Whether he does or doesn't, I'm reporting him to the better business n the Edison chamber of commerce n, dependin on how he handles this situation, he might even get a notice from small claims court.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
embryoyo said:
Absolutely! He already refused to make good on his work once.. eventhough I have a written warrantee for the work n the motor. He basically told me to fix it myself. Since I'm desperate to get to my job in the mornin n he doesn't answer his phone on the weekends, I figured a tune up couldn't hurt. Hmph. He has one last shot to make things right by me. I'd be happy if he fixed everything n gave a full refund (took him almost a month for swap, did crappy job n damaged fender, hose n possibly some other components, I've been using a rental car the whole time). Whether he does or doesn't, I'm reporting him to the better business n the Edison chamber of commerce n, dependin on how he handles this situation, he might even get a notice from small claims court.
good. absolutely what you should do.

Any idea what caused the water to shoot out from cylinder one? & are you sure its water?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
thats f*cked up..it sucks how when u cant do suttin urself u gotta rely on a "professional " to do it..take him to court either way..

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DaPCWiz said:
good. absolutely what you should do.

Any idea what caused the water to shoot out from cylinder one? & are you sure its water?
I assume the engine was left out in the rain a while before it was put in! The spark plugs were mad old... rusty on the top n mad fouled on the other side. The water was so dirty, it scared the crap outta me cuz it looked just like fresh oil!! It dissipated quickly. I stuck my finger in a little puddle of it n smelled it.. dirty water.

GDub26 said:
thats f*cked up..it sucks how when u cant do suttin urself u gotta rely on a "professional " to do it..take him to court either way..
Well, dude had it for over a month... that's 8 days worth of weekend that I coulda figured it out myself. Thought dude knew what he was doin n would save me the time! Doubt he'll fix the car AND give me a refund, so yeah, small claims court is only 20 some bucks to file.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts