Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my key in the ignition ...car wont turnover....no sound whatsoever....i have power...battery is fine.....checked all fuses are fine.....any ideas???

·
Registered
2,881 Posts

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
Just to let you know I recently had this happen and I was able to determine that it was the starter by getting under the car. Oh, first put the car on jackstands! You will have to go a little far back. Look on the side of the crossmember and you will see the cylinder shaped starter. Give it a good hit or two with something and then start it up. Mines started right up. Ofcourse once you shut it off, that's it again. I just did that, started it up, took it to the mechanic and had the starter changed.

·
Registered
91 Posts
i have a similar problem, but mine will start up if i jiggle the shifter... thing. i have no idea why that is, and if someone could explain that, that would be cool too!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
tinyP10 said:
i have a similar problem, but mine will start up if i jiggle the shifter... thing. i have no idea why that is, and if someone could explain that, that would be cool too!
If you have an automatic, then it's the neutral safety switch that is either loose or about to fail. It keeps you from trying to start the car in any gear other than park.

Get an FSM and see where the switch is located.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts