Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone has gotten a carbon fiber hood because i was thinking about getting one but im not sure if they will look good and i was wondering what everyone else thinks Thanks

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Carbon fiber hoods look okay on most cars; they only look genuinely good on cars that are black, gray, platinum, etc. If you get one, get one that has a carbon fiber frame and overlay, not just carbon fiber over fiberglass (most CF hoods are like this). Pure CF hoods are waaaay costlier, but are stiffer, sturdier, and lighter too.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
G20 Sport--your car with a carbon fiber hood would look perfect. Theres no doubt in my mind that it would look good esp. with the whole theme U got going on the car....

SO wait a minute U mean to tell me thers not been one G with a carbon fiber hood at all around here?????:surprised

·
Registered
5,889 Posts

well there is this guy in florida that was the first guy to send his stock hood t o fiber images and they made the replica off of his hood his link is this
name henry perz but i dont think he chats online here
link

group buy

hood chat
p10 hood chat
person looking for the hood
query about hood
more hood talk
and also one note that guy said that was one prob with fitting the hood when he got it because of the hinges or something like that but it was a minor mod easily fixable
and here is the link for buying the hood
link $purchase

and p.s. here was my stock de drag time link
link

quote:
Originally posted by cas8_1999
carbon fiber hood question, Is the material paintable so that it would look stock ?
Yes.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
MP2050 said:
G20 Sport--your car with a carbon fiber hood would look perfect. Theres no doubt in my mind that it would look good esp. with the whole theme U got going on the car....

SO wait a minute U mean to tell me thers not been one G with a carbon fiber hood at all around here?????:surprised
Yeah I have been told that by a lot of people and I am still thinkin about it I am not sure what I wanna do...
You goin to Towers this weekend?

casual said:

well there is this guy in florida that was the first guy to send his stock hood t o fiber images and they made the replica off of his hood his link is this
name henry perz but i dont think he chats online here
Yeah ive talked to him by email before.. hes down.. He was the FIRST G20 with the CF hood.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
there are a couple of people out there. don't remember exactly who though...

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I wish my girls ass was ready to show...lol

G20sport I dunno about Towers this weekand---uknow its labor day-Gotta Hit the beach and everything--but anywayz IM not gonna be pushing the car around too much .... U going out there???

OH and Casual- U are just a plethora (spell check) of information are'nt u.....lol

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
OH and Casual- U are just a plethora (spell check) of information are'nt u.....lol
spell check complete....you got it right!
Thank you for using our automated spell check program at g20.net
:nerd: :nerd:

I wish my girls ass was ready to show...lol
it will ! it will u just have patience i know sometimes it seems like this junk is never going to be finished or even improve but it will and we got so much time to think about our new suits we are putting on when we put them on we wont go crazy we will be like laid back casual

just chillin looking good
:beard:

oh and mp take a look at your trunk when you do all this think about simplyfying the trunk lid maybe shaving some lights look at the g trunk and the sentra trunk lid alot more going on on the sentra

come on man just because you ccan fit projectors you gotta get some tight projectors headlights

ohh and back to carbon fiber here are my opinions on it on white cars it looks cool if trying to be sportier looking and same goes for red and the others except for silver and def black it goes with those two to me. but like all know Application is the key so someone might put it on one of those unsuggested colors and it will look classy still and not sporty --you never know
on the shopping list we must def add a cf hood for my g but i will paint it pearl white
casual

·
Registered
118 Posts
well when you buy the hood, make sure you look on the bottom of the hood. And look at the sides. You can see the layers. The fiber glass hoods is just a carbon fiber sticker or paint...too give you that look.

Pay the extra money for the real CF. It's definately worth it. If you just want it for looks....some of those custom body shops can do the paint for you...and it's cheaper then buying the actual CF hood.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Damn ysll are gonna make me show my girls ass!! All the florida people wrote in this post....g20sport2002 i almost got into a fight at towers when you were riding around!! It was phat, im going back sat. night to see whats up. Fridays its better to cruise around like you were then saturdays.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
YO kevin wuz up man.....Let me know when U guys are going to Towers again and Ill tyr and make it up---Wut was the fight about....IM always willing to assist-lol:evil:

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Allright no problem. Ok were walking in between cars looking at them like everyone else, then were walking in an empty space to get to the other side of this one car. then some chick in a hooked up jetta yells get the fuck out of my way, i will hit you, so she pulled in realy fast and alsot hit my girlfriend and my friend (the one who did the bumpers) wife. So they thought one of us knew her....but whatver we start waling away talking about how crazy that bitch was and she comes up talking shit. Like bitch move out the way when i tell you blah blah blah (some skanky trailer trash bitch--the good looking ones) then my friends wife says calmly "listen miss princess who do you think you are driving like that" so then the girl goes when i say move move so it went back and forth her boyfriend came started talking shit i stood my ground and so did my friend and they backed off, her boyfriend pulled away and that girl like a little BITCH. They were yelling we were just calm trying not to fight but i happens, then they realized they were wrong and walked away talking shit. End of story....sorry for this guys im bored

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
man listen you guys are crazy thats some ill ish i would of pulled that stillen lip off you r car while my boy hold the guy and beat his girl with that shit while he watch then i would of beat his ass with what was left of the stillen lip
damn i should come down this labor day weekend miami got to be the spot to be this weekend
casual

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
You would have to take off the bumper remember its one piece now...lol Dont worry this bitch's car is gonna end up stolen soon she keeps doing this shit every weekend but we were the only ones standing up to them...everyone else would put their head down and say im sorry from what ive heard

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
CF Hood Prices (here in SD anyways)

I called around places here in San Diego to find a carbon fiber hood for my friend's Civic. All the places I called make completely custom carbon fiber hoods (usually direct copies of the OEM hoods) so prices for G20s and Civics and Vipers, etc etc etc. would generally be the same (I asked to make sure). Generally:

Carbon Fiber over Fiberglass frame: $325 ~ $375, takes about two weeks

Carbon Fiber over Carbon Fiber frame: $575 ~ $720

Yeah, big difference, I know.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Those are really not bad prices. And if you live around San Diego, you can save on really expensive freight shipping and pick them up for even cheaper!

Anyway, here is another pic of a G20 w/ carbon fiber hood. This car is from Florida, bastard Domiken ;) got the rear from this car before me!! -YOU Stole my Potential Girl's ASS!-

*NOTE* copy the link and paste it into a new browser if the picture doesn't show up.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
wicked thats a wicked g u just posted i like that all black cf hood on there that would be cool on a black g , that guy is in fl? where in fl?

hey domiken check out that pic wicked posted and realize how tight the stillen lip looks from that angel cuz you cant see that stuff on the sides

that g is looking cool
casual

1 - 20 of 48 Posts