Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im replacing my passenger side axle on my 01 g20 its the base model automatic and theres a bracket mounting onto the car any new axles i found dont have the bracket and I've searched EVERYWHERE. Do i need this bracket or can i install a new one without it?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Nope, that bracket keeps the axle in your transmission. If you needed this 3 weeks ago I could have helped, I just cleaned the garage out and threw 3-4 of them out... I'm sure someone has one or maybe you can grab one at a u pull yard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Theres a lip that keeps it stuck on the old axle guess i have to find a way to taje it off and see if it fits on the new one

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
I personally used a 4.5lb maul to remove an axle from the bracket. I also used liquid wrench because in my experience it has been the best penetrating oil. Three good whacks and it came free. Then again I'm a master whacker.

·
Registered
20,746 Posts
Are these brackets different between the vlsd and non lsd? And p10 and p11. ?
VLSD and Open Diff are different brackets. Pretty sure they are the same for all the FF SRs. I believe awd blocks are different, w10, w11, rnn14, hpn10 etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got it off put jt on my new axle but when i try to fit it into the tranny it's sticking out a little and wont budge. This car will be the death of me lol its brand new haven't damaged it at all and its driving me nuts been trying to fit it in for hours

1 - 10 of 10 Posts