Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LETS PUT A CD CHANGER INTO A 00+ G WOOO HOOOO
I know it's incredibly simple but I needed to get this kinda write up under my belt.

Im excited...but it's my first write up...so forgive all imperfections

Step 1: remove the four bolts on the passanger seat (two in the front, two in the back, easy as pie)

Step 2: tilt the seat back, you should see a wraped wire pluged into an adaptor attached to the bottom of your seat and the wire continues to run into the seat (for air bags *do not unplug*)

Step 3: there are four mounting bolts for the CD mounter... They are short...mount onto the bottom of the seat where there should be four predrilled holes, just try to match the mounting braket up to the holes...if no holes are there just drill as you see fit to make the Bracket sit under the seat. \/\/\/\/
W/out bracket

With bracket

NOTE: the two small screws that attached on the back center of the player (above) serve no real pupose except to attach the wire harness for the air bag to the bottom of the seat. Mine just hangs now, I wouldnt worry about it. If you have the bracket then go ahead and attatch the bracket and the two backmost screws, if no wire or bracket dont worry about it.

Step 4: When bracket is secure insert 6 disc changer into the bracket (should slide in easily, and attach mounting screws back to the side of the changer (should be the only screws that fit into those mounting holes.) Just unscrew them and bolt them onto the bracket and the changer.
(Look at the top picture. You cant see it really well, but there really is no guesswork here)

*****AT THIS POINT you should have the Cd player mounted and ready to be plugged in. Make sure everything is clean and ready to roll.the wire and the connector should be hanging from the changer in the back.)

Step 5: The connection wire: notice in picture below there are two wires coming out of the carpet just after the 'hump' where the front of the seat is bolted on to. this is where the wire bundle that communicates from the HU to the changer needs to be inserted. If you have no hole there use a razor blade to cut a small hole to insert the connector through. Insert the end that has the two power wires hanging out (yellow and red) and the ground wire so that side will reach the HU (head unit).

Step 6: Cosmetics... Now remove the black strip from across the door jamb. Look below and to the right of the glove box and notice that the plastic kick guard is held in place by a threaded snap on nut. remove that nut and remove the whole plastic piece. (second picture below) un-hook the carpet from the white hooks (below). You will notice there is a neat bundle of wires connected (w/ electrical tape) and run beneath the white plastic under the threshold. go ahead and run the connection bundle from the CD Changer under the carpet through the hump in the floorboard (still beneath the seat) and run the connection bundle alongside the other wire bundles. Wrap it all up with elec. tape to clean everything up nicely.

Step 7: Attach the ground wire to the frame of the body behind the kick guard. There are two bolts there...use the lower one for the easiest ground. If you dont have that option (ground is connected to the entire harness) don't worry and just ground it to the correct ground wires behind the head unit. (the bolt is where the stock changer is grounded)

(the bolt that has the blue wire coming from it is the one you want to use. The blue wire is not related to this install so ignore it.)

Step 8: Run the entire wire bundle beneath the carpet about where your feet would rest if sitting normally. Don't worry, you won't be able to tell its there. There should be a cut out line in the carpet where the console meets the floorboard. use that hole to pull the cord through if your having any trouble getting it where it needs to go.

Step 9: Finalizing the deal. put your hand as far back as you can into the hole where the HU should be removed from (Check out Chickenwing's install HU for hints on how this is properly done) and pull harness out untill all the slack has been taken out from underneath the carpet. This should leave you with plenty of cord to work with. Make sure the wire can not be felt beneath the carpet (just a hand test will do). From that point on...its all plug and play. Unplug neg. battery cable...attach the power cords and insert the Harness into the rear of your bose HU (It's the hole on the left of the HU if you are looking at the back.). YOUR HOME FREE! enjoy the 6 disc changer-ness!

credit: chickenwing, lost (for helping me figure out what that yellow harness was) :confused:

Romans 6:23

·
♥
3,947 Posts
good job man! i really could have used this a month ago, atleast i know i did it right now. this will be a great help to anyone installing a seat mounted changer in the 99.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Damn I just broke and threw away the CD changer that was under the seat on my mauig20 because I wanted to take the CD's out, my 02' P11 sport which is supposed to have the deck....didnt, and the wiring mess under the seat was not there in the 02' Sport so I just broke the entire thing to get my CD's out....damn now im pissed, 2 days too late...

Nice writeup though!

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
Domiken said:
Damn I just broke and threw away the CD changer that was under the seat on my mauig20 because I wanted to take the CD's out, my 02' P11 sport which is supposed to have the deck....didnt, and the wiring mess under the seat was not there in the 02' Sport so I just broke the entire thing to get my CD's out....damn now im pissed, 2 days too late...

Nice writeup though!
Do you still have the 'under seat' mounting bracket & bolts/screws? I might be interested! If no one wants my NIB CD changer, then I should just install it.

YouhtPastorG20, so if I read this correctly, your car was pre-wired to accept this under-seat install?

·
♥
3,947 Posts
Domiken said:

Nice writeup though!
next time just run 12volts from any source to the constant power wire of the unit, and you can use the eject.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Same for me guys, I just missed out on this write-up. I tried to install mine today and found out that the magazine is stuck in the changer - effectively busting it. Fuse blew, etc.

To double check if it was busted I took it to the local car audio place. Yup busted most likely from transportation of the magazine in the changer while shipping is what they said. :(

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
nice to see you got it all together.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
slimlou said:
Do you still have the 'under seat' mounting bracket & bolts/screws? I might be interested! If no one wants my NIB CD changer, then I should just install it.

YouhtPastorG20, so if I read this correctly, your car was pre-wired to accept this under-seat install?
2002 Sport's are wired under the passenger seat, not the trunk, but for some reason, my current vehicle did not have that option which is pretty weird. The fully loaded Sport should have come with it, my Mauig20 had it too and all the other sports I see have it as well. Doesnt matter now though.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually my changer came installed and worked great. I sold it to LoST and tried to help him out by working backwards and explaining how to hook it up. I figured since I had all that info I might as well turn it into a write up. It doesn't matter if you were prewired or not if you have the Bose HU. The wiring is easy enough. Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
All those pictures helped. A couple things I ran into: under seat was not pre-drilled. Also trying to get the correct 12V and ACC wires tapped into. The FSM lists the 12V for the radio H/U as a R/G wire, the physical wire in that port was PINK. I read this too late and ran the wire up and over the glove box.

Everything seems to work though.

If you don't want your plug for the air-bag dangling, you can connect the bracket to the front-most two holes in between the 'pre-drilled' holes for the bracket. Look at your third pic, it'll make sense..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where are those pictures? I don't see any pictures anymore. Is something wrong with my browser or picture get deleted after sometime? Where can I find these pictures? Thank you

1 - 14 of 14 Posts