Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I go about disconnecting/uninstalling the factory 6-disk CD Changer??? It's mounted under the passenger seat..The dealership said they wouldn't do it cause it required some sort of "special trick"...what gives???! Is that true!? We're getting a "CD Error" and there are 6 disks stuck in the damn thing...

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me...

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Sorry I cannot help but I will bump this to the top with a side question.

I thought that all factory cd changers were in the trunk?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
My 2002 Sport is under the seat. The changer is only bolted to the seat frame. It is very easy to remove. Just unplug it and remove it and see if you can repair it. Most likely a CD did not go back into the magazine correctly or was not loaded correctly into one of the available slots. This was an option on these cars, so I cannot believe the head unit cares whether it is there or not. You might get the error message, but I think that is all that happens. I have had mine out before.
The dealership is probably referring to some "special trick" to get the CD's out. I am sure removing the case cover will allow you to eject the cartridge and free the CD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

That's what I figured, and hoped would be the answer...Not sure what the dealership was referring to...

Thanks! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts